Sound Forge Pro 15 - where are the wizardFX effects?

condex wrote on 3/12/2021, 3:13 AM

The 'What's New in version 15?' page in the user manual says that a new inclusion in SFP15 is a wizardFX vst effects package and that it can be accessed via the Instant Actions window under its Effects tab - but wizardFX is not there and nor is it listed under any of the FX Favorites menu selections. Also, there was no mention of it in the confirmation email containing the serial numbers for SFP15 and the iZotope extras.

I wonder if the wizardFX plugins are supposed to come with Sound Forge Pro 15 or is the user manual perhaps incorrect?

I'm happy to say that all is still going well with 15 having used it a lot today. And one new feature I really like is that the FX favorites window now contains all the FX packages by product company names (e.g. MAGIX, iZotope, Sound Forge) so it is now so much easier to select a vst effect without the need to delve into the Organise selection. Thank you MAGIX for this so much more convenient workflow.

Comments

condex wrote on 3/12/2021, 5:03 AM

It seems that What's New in the user manual is wrong and thus misleading - which is not good. According to the Sound Forge Pro 15 comparison page: https://www.magix.com/us/music/sound-forge/sound-forge-pro/version-comparison/#c1361405 ... the wizardFX suite only comes with SF Audio Studio 15 (so the Pro user manual should not state it comes with SF Pro 15); and wizardFX Modern Reverb only comes with the Pro 15 Suite. If the user manual is referring to the latter, then the user manual should make it clear that that vst plugin only comes with the Suite version.