Sound Forge Pro 15 not updating source files

PestilentPath wrote on 3/27/2021, 12:40 PM

I'm working on mastering multiple songs as an album in SF pro 15, and when I go back and update the original audio files they're not then updating in my SF project (making mix/output level changes in my other DAW and overwriting the wav files used to create the soundforge project). This is making it so that each time I make an adjustment I have to delete the old track in SF and import the updated file, losing all the changes I've made. I'm not sure what the correct terminology to search for a solution to this issue is, but I know it used to work on my last album I worked on and suddenly it's not. Any help is appreciated

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/27/2021, 1:29 PM

If you are working the Sound Forge Pro project file <.frg> mode, it will continue to open in that mode. If that's the case, when you wish to render it, Select "File> Render as"

Otherwise, If you are using the plug-in chainer directly on the timeline, your cannot apply it directly and must use 'Save as', (which naturally creates a new file).You may want select "Options> Preferences> General> and check-mark "Automatically reopen file after Save as". otherwise the former files remains on the timeline.
If you wish the SF plug-in chainer to behave in the legacy manner, (SFP-10 and before) select "Fx Favorites> "Apply plug-in chain" first, which has the Process command.

I hope this helps as I am not exactly sure of your dilemma. In any case welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @PestilentPath.