Sound Forge Pro 15

SMaki wrote on 12/17/2023, 9:03 PM

Long time Sound Forge user here since Sonic Foundry days. Hit some combination of keys today which completely changed my layout. Having trouble getting it back to the way I had it - the most troublesome item is I lost my volume and pan sliders which normally sit to the left of the waveform window. How in the heck does one get the stupid V and P sliders back?

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/18/2023, 10:16 AM

How in the heck does one get the stupid V and P sliders back?

I am not sure which volume/pan faders you are referring to... the Volume and Pan timeline automation envelopes or the hardware volume fader? If you want the hardware volume fader, select "View> Hardware meters" which has the volume fader(s). AFAIK, there is no Pan 'fader.' If you want the automation envelopes, open the "View> Plug-in Chain" and add the Volume and/or Pan processes to it (V and P shortcut keys). The timeline FX automation envelopes are dependent on the timeline plug-in chainer and are unavailable in some other modes, for instance when a single plug-in is active or "Apply Plug-in chain" in FX Plug-ins FX (aka, FX Favorites).
If you wish to save the current automation envelopes with the file, the file must be Saved as a 'Project' which creates a <.frg> project file and a companion folder with copies of the original and subsequent edit files. This is non-destructive editing and the project must eventually be rendered as a standard end user audio file (File> Render as).

FYI, you can load a default layouts in "View> Window Layouts" . You can also save yo'own customized layouts. Many of the layouts can also be copied and pasted to different version numbers of SF.

btw, Seasons greetings and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @SMaki.

SMaki wrote on 12/18/2023, 3:02 PM

I must have had a bit of brain fog yesterday when my Sound Forge layout got all messed up. I've been working with Vegas Pro a lot which has the volume and pan sliders (faders) as permanent fixtures to the left of the timeline. Got the two apps mixed up in my so called "mind".

When I get SF back the way I like it, I'll be sure to save the layout this time!

Thanks much for the reply..

rraud wrote on 12/19/2023, 8:53 AM

I lost my volume and pan sliders which normally sit to the left of the waveform window.

I was wondering about that, the discription alluded to Vegas