Sound Forge Pro 15

Daniel-Knudsen wrote on 6/1/2021, 5:01 PM

At this time I'm not able to download the program I just purchased from Magix..Sound Forge Pro 15...I paid the extra $18 for a backup DVD, but I want to get started. Question: Don't I save the download to my Sound Forge Pro 3..I save it and it shows up in Download file as a 5.9 mb..another response I get is "this Application is unable to read this file" Interesting, huh?

Comments

Daniel-Knudsen wrote on 6/1/2021, 5:23 PM

When I try to open the downloaded file, I get this note "soundforgepro15dim_ku3zs9.exe couldn't be opened because there is no such file" I give up!! If I don't receive a response from this note I will be appealing to PayPal for a refund from you.

emmrecs wrote on 6/2/2021, 4:04 AM

@Daniel-Knudsen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

Assuming you are attempting to download from somewhere like this page (for Sound Forge Pro) or this page (for Sound Forge Audio Studio) if you select the "Free Trial" option you will actually download the appropriate Magix Downloads Manager. You should save this to your standard Downloads folder, not to any existing SF installation folder.

Then double-click the downloaded file to start the installation. It will first download ALL the needed files and then begin the actual installation. Assuming you received an activation/serial key in the purchase confirmation email, once the install is complete you should then register/activate the product and, if applicable, proceed to download any and all additional content that is available to you.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Daniel-Knudsen wrote on 6/4/2021, 4:13 AM

Thanks Jeff for the reply..the download clearly says "soundforgepro15dim_ku3zs9 couldn't be opened because there is no such file"

emmrecs wrote on 6/4/2021, 4:46 AM

@Daniel-Knudsen

It seems from your other post that you are actually trying to install the Windows version on a Mac. Hence the problem!

Since there is no "solution", as such, to your question (other than to ensure you have the SF for Mac version - and given the caveats mentioned in your other post about not being able to install or run the app on any recent version of Mac OS) - I will close this thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam