Sound Forge Pro 14 - missing izotope plug-ins?

robert-falconer-taylor wrote on 8/8/2020, 10:07 AM

robert-falconer-taylor wrote on 8/8/2020, 6:03 AM

Anyone else missing these from the FX Favorites menu in SFP14? It should come with -

https://www.magix.com/gb/music/sound-forge/sound-forge-pro/version-comparison/#c1201523

iZotope Ozone 9 Elements 

iZotope RX ElementsI have checked the if they're listed in the default VST locations in preferences and they're not, and also scanned the hard drive ti see if I can find any sign of them. I cant.

Should mention this SFP14 came as a package with the new Vegas Pro 18.

Cheers. Robert

Comments

Former user wrote on 8/8/2020, 10:14 AM

You have 2 problems:

Installation of the Izotope software (on AS14, a matter of checking off items on the main installation panel and clicking 'Enter' or 'OK' or something), and registration. Once the software is installed, it probably has to be registered independently with Izotope before you can get serial numbers for activation.

robert-falconer-taylor wrote on 8/8/2020, 10:38 AM

I Installed everything, even the 32 bit ver of SFP. 99% certain there was no izotope in the list. Before I go reinstalling everything jsut wanted to check if anyone else who bought SFP14 as part of the new Vegas pro 18 was having the same problem. Cheers R

Former user wrote on 8/8/2020, 10:42 AM

I Installed everything, even the 32 bit ver of SFP. 99% certain there was no izotope in the list. Before I go reinstalling everything jsut wanted to check if anyone else who bought SFP14 as part of the new Vegas pro 18 was having the same problem. Cheers R

Ah, that's odd about no Izotope stuff in the program list. AS14 includes Ozone 9 Elements as part of the package, and that is definitely a listed installation option. Sorry I couldn't help.

Former user wrote on 8/8/2020, 10:48 AM

Hmm...I was thinking of upping to SF14. This stuff is a little scary, though.

rraud wrote on 8/8/2020, 11:02 AM

SF Pro 14 includes iZ Ozone Elements and RX Elements (as well as legacy DX track Fx, NR 2.0 and a lot of new plug-ins). As @Former user stated the iZ plugs need to be activated separately with a iZ serial #s. The serial numbers for SF and the plugs are emailed, but frequently end up in a one's spam or junk folder. I do not recall any issues with the downloaded 'Magix' installers or activation.

robert-falconer-taylor wrote on 8/8/2020, 11:10 AM

UPDATE - I've reinstalled SFP14 and see izotope is there. There is another problem - Magix have not issued me with a serial number for activation in the order confirmation email.

ANYONE FROM MAGIX support - how do I get hold of a serial number please? Is there an email address for this - can't find one on their website. Cheers R

Former user wrote on 8/8/2020, 12:01 PM

Well, it looks like I was wrong about NR 2.0 too.

emmrecs wrote on 8/9/2020, 3:11 AM

@robert-falconer-taylor

This is a user to user forum, not a contact for Magix Support so no-one in the support team is likely to see your post, sorry.

Since the serial numbers for iZotope are not in any email you have received your only option is to use this page to contact Magix Sales and ask for these numbers, or for more information about how to actually get them!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

robert-falconer-taylor wrote on 8/10/2020, 8:36 AM

Interesting - seems this missing serial numbers problem has been around several years and discussed here before - https://www.magix.info/us/forum/izotope-ozone-elements-8-bundle--1205077/

Former user wrote on 8/10/2020, 9:09 AM

The two times I bought editing programs from Magix I already had RX 7 Elements and Ozone Elements installed on my computer, because I'd purchased the programs separately. So I probably wouldn't have noticed any issues with bundled add-ons.

cliffetzel wrote on 10/15/2020, 2:57 PM

You have 2 problems:

Installation of the Izotope software (on AS14, a matter of checking off items on the main installation panel and clicking 'Enter' or 'OK' or something), and registration. Once the software is installed, it probably has to be registered independently with Izotope before you can get serial numbers for activation.

I purchased Vegas Pro 18 along with Sound Forge Pro 14 and never received serial numbers for the iZotope plugins so how do you register them with iZotope if no serials were provided? This is ridiculous and I've spent the better part of over an hour trying to resolve this issue when I should be editing for my client. To say I'm pissed is an understatement at my wasting time in the convoluted process of trying to get a response from Tech Support. 😡😡😡

Shimager wrote on 1/30/2021, 8:29 AM

Same here. Highly frustrating. Took a long time to find out what goes wrong. Still puzzled....

emmrecs wrote on 1/30/2021, 8:31 AM

@Shimager

See my response to your other post.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam