Sound Forge Pro 11

Greg-Gardner9450 wrote on 6/30/2024, 11:35 AM

I have a registration number and it is registered on the Magix Site but whenever i try to open it and install the serial number it says it is incorrect and goes into an endless loop of trying to re-download and re-register. What exactly is the problem? Registration date was 9/7/2022. Not sure if I ever get get it to open on any of my computers. Version (That was installed) : 11.0.0.345

File & Product Version: 1.3.40.36

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/30/2024, 12:30 PM

HI @Greg-Gardner9450, are you using the same email address you use to login to your Magix My Products account .
Otherwise confirm you have installed the same version you purchased. i.e., Audio Studio 11 or Pro 11. The activation serials are not interchangeable between Pro 11 and AS11.

Greg-Gardner9450 wrote on 7/1/2024, 12:35 PM

Yes but that is not necessarily the one I used when i originally bought SoundForge. I have kept upgrading over the years but that is the email I log into my account that shows SoundForge Pro 11, serial number and registration date. Do I have to download the specific version of Pro 11 that the serial number references or the one i am sent to download when i hit the installation link from my account.

SP. wrote on 7/1/2024, 1:09 PM

@Greg-Gardner9450 Yes, please try the installer you can download from your customer account. Old Sony installers no longer work because Sony shut down the activation servers.

Greg-Gardner9450 wrote on 7/1/2024, 1:42 PM

Nope still didn't work. I realized I had multiple instances running on different computers (shouldn't be able to happen I thought), but i deleted those and still cant register to the 1 computer I want it on. I have had many computers since 2020 and no idea how many Soundforge Pro 11 was installed on. Is there a way to "clear the cache" from Magix pov and start fresh?

SP. wrote on 7/1/2024, 1:56 PM

@Greg-Gardner9450 Just in case you have some incorrect installer, you can also try to enter your serial number here and then you should get a download link: https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

Greg-Gardner9450 wrote on 7/1/2024, 2:10 PM

Hey thanks for the help but after reading Magix was insolvent and one of the least rated music software companies out there i am giving up on this crap. The products were decent when Sony produced them but after the sale to Magix it went to hell in a handbasket. I have had nothing but trouble with them since then - kind of like NCH Software. Grifters in my opinion.

john_barr wrote on 7/1/2024, 2:26 PM

It seems like Magix doesn't care about customers. Problems that have existed for a long time and have not been fixed until now. If there are no changes, Magix will go bankrupt.

SP. wrote on 7/1/2024, 2:50 PM

@Greg-Gardner9450 OK, your choice.

rraud wrote on 7/1/2024, 5:15 PM

Sound Forge 11 (the last version of SF published by Sony) did not have a fixed number of  simultaneous activations like the Magix versions (x2 for SF-12 and beyond). If an unpublished number of activations was recorded (many), an error message would state it was locked as I recall. However it can be reset by the powers that be (Sony & Magix).