Comments

rraud wrote on 4/30/2022, 11:59 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Daniel-Wardein,

There is a registry tweak for SFP-10 that eliminates the 'Elevated Privilege' issue.. Unfortunately it may need to be done again at some point..

---------------------------
Registry Editor WARNING:
using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Use the tool at your own risk, Take the appropriate precausins like copying the entire registry and/or creating system restore point (or better yet a drive image), before doing anything. If you are not comfortable editing the registry, enlist someone with experience.
---------------------------
- Open the Registry Editor; Windows key + R,
- type regedit in the and press Enter key.
- Navigate to the following directory:
HKEY_USERS > [user SID]_Classes > VirtualStore > MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > Sound Forge  > 10.0
- Right-click the "10.0" folder and select 'Delete'.
- Confirm you wish to delete the folder if prompted.

NOTE: The [user SID] listed above is a variable and will usually be different for each account on a computer. It will most often begin with S-1-5-21-.
For instance, on my Win 10 laptop, the entry is at:
"HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1127706934-2234140011-1683470176-1001_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sony Creative Software\Sound Forge Pro\10.0"

As I stated it is likely the 'Elevated Privilege' issue will occur again at some point, so the registry tweak would need to be re-done as well.

If you do not want to delve into the registry and continue to 'run as administrator', there is a way to disable the run as administrator annoyance by creating a 'custom' SFP-10 shortcut. I have the procedure noted 'somewhere'.. I can look for it if need be... or search the internet yo'self