Sound Forge corrupts Windows 10 audio drivers

Bill-Dyszel wrote on 12/11/2020, 8:07 PM

Every time I use Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 for more than a few minutes, my Windows 10 audio drivers get corrupted and all audio playback on my computer takes on a loud hiss obscuring most of the sound. This extends to playback from Youtube, mp3 files played on Windows Media Player, as well as on Sound Forge itself. I have to delete the speaker driver in Device Manager and restart the computer to solve the problem. But that makes Sound Forge essentially useless. Is there a known workaround or method of preventing the problem? This problem also occurs when using Vegas Movie Studio 17. Before buying this version last month, I was using Sound Forge Pro 10 and didn't have this problem.

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/12/2020, 11:19 AM

Try using different audio playback device type, Windows Classic Wave driver and MS Sound Mapper are usually trouble-free.

Sorry, I am not very familiar with AS (Audio Studio).
.In any case, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Bill-Dyszel

JBcomputer wrote on 3/20/2021, 7:15 PM

@rraud I am having the exact same issue as @Bill-Dyszel

I only have MS Sound Mapper as the audio playback option on my Win 10 Surface Pro 6 and cannot change to anything. I have Realtek installed on this machine. My Sound Forge 10 worked fine on this machine and I opted to upgrade, only to have this problem. ACID Music Studio 9 also causes this issue. Do you have any leads? Thank you for your help.

rraud wrote on 3/21/2021, 10:20 AM

@JBcomputer, Can we assume you went to Sound Forge's audio device type menu "Options> Preferences> Audio"?

Try updating the Realtek driver.

Otherwise. try installing ASIO 4 ALL driver.
I usually only recommend ASIO drivers for multi-track DAWs when overdubbing is needed, but it should work regardless.

JBcomputer wrote on 3/23/2021, 12:35 PM

Hi @rraud. Your suggestions worked well, initially, and I'm hoping it'll stay that way. Thank you so sincerely for taking time out of your day to help a stranger. Your kindness is very appreciated!

craig-d wrote on 8/9/2023, 4:55 AM

hi @Bill-Dyszel...if you're getting white noise or static during playback, this is simply an incompatibility with your onboard sound card and the Magix Low Latency 2016 driver...removing that driver will fix the white noise/static issue.  Here's how to do that:

Press the keyboard shortcut "Windows + R" to access the "Run" command window.

Type "REGEDIT" and click on [Enter].

Then navigate to:  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ASIO > Magix Low Latency 2016" :

Now, simply right click the Magix Low Latency 2016 folder, and delete it.

that should do the trick!