Comments

Walter.I wrote on 10/16/2021, 2:20 AM

What do you mean by "blurry"?
Soundforge is an audio editing programme and not meant for video editing.
Describe exactly what you are doing and support it with screenshots.

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS 4GHz, (UHD Graphics 630,)
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming,
MEM.: 32 GB Ram, DDR4-3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER,
Storage: SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA,
Soundforge Pro 14, Build 111

rraud wrote on 10/16/2021, 10:07 AM

What to you mean by blurry? Can you post a screenshot?

If your are referring to the size or the SF toolbar icons, have you tried experimenting with the Properties> Compatibility> Change high DPI settings"? (in the SF main launcher <.exe> or shortcut).
Due to my 'less-than-perfect-eyes', I run my laptop's 4k display at 1920x1080 with the global DPI set at 175%. The SF toolbar icons are a decent size and clear.. the caveat is a few of the plug-in parameter settings are hidden off the edge of the screen. When that happens, I temporarily re-set the DPI down to 150, or the 'recommended' 125%. The same goes for Vegas Pro.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Badchip

Badchip wrote on 10/17/2021, 10:30 AM

Hi @rraud,

The interface (menu, icons, wave) looks out of focus, not sharp.

https://i.ibb.co/Gs5wJMW/ppi.png

Modifying the Properties everything is fine except the icons (too small).
Anyway I think Magix should fix this without having to change the properties.

rraud wrote on 10/17/2021, 3:31 PM

Maybe try a lower global display resolution on your PC, I have my laptop's 4k display set to 1920x1080, but you can try try this first:
Right-click the SF shortcut  (or the <.exe> file), and select  'Properties'
Click the 'Compatibility' tab and choose: "Change High DPI settings"
Check-mark "Program DPI" (use this setting to fix scaling problems)
- At bottom of the window  "Check-mark  "High DPI scaling override behavior" and choose "System Enhanced" in the "Scaling performed by" in context menu.

The tlmeline window with be less cluttered as well if you hide the Waveform (overview) strips.

In Options> Data Window, uncheck the 'Overview' item.

You can also request Magix Sound Forge Tech Support

btw, here is a screenshot of my typical editing layout in SFP.

jar240 wrote on 4/5/2023, 9:26 AM

You're all missing the point. Sounds Forge doesn't seem to have native support for high-DPI or scaled displays. "Setting your resolution to 1920x1080" isn't a solution -- might as well own only 1080P monitors. How Magix can charge the amount they do and not provide this capability in 2023 is baffling.

Endre-Nagy wrote on 7/7/2023, 9:01 AM

Unfortunately, Sound Forge Audio Studio v15 is not fully high-DPI compatible.

A certain high-DPI compatibility can be enforced from Windows' Properties Compatibility options menu, but some elements still look blurry!

Which is a shame for a program purchased in this era!

Endre-Nagy wrote on 7/7/2023, 10:39 AM

You're all missing the point. Sounds Forge doesn't seem to have native support for high-DPI or scaled displays. "Setting your resolution to 1920x1080" isn't a solution -- might as well own only 1080P monitors. How Magix can charge the amount they do and not provide this capability in 2023 is baffling.

Yes.

I totally agree with you on this.

I wonder if Sound Forge v17 is any better.

Endre-Nagy wrote on 7/7/2023, 10:41 AM

#Magix #SoundForge #HighDPI_Compatibility #StepUpYourGame

emmrecs wrote on 7/7/2023, 10:45 AM

@Endre-Nagy

These are user to user forums so it is very unlikely that any of the developers will see your post, sorry.

I would suggest you send your comments to infoservice@magix.net and request they be forwarded to the development team.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 7/7/2023, 4:30 PM

@Endre-Nagy I don't understand why you would use a 4k monitor for such a software. It's not really needed outside of gaming. Games use their own GUIs.

But most Windows application GUI frameworks are not scaling independent and conforming them to 4k would mean they would no longer work with 1080p. So the only way would redoing them from scratch. Depending on the software architecture this could mean that you need to rewrite a lot of code.

It's not really worth it, if users can simply get a 1080p monitor. These are not expensive.

Endre-Nagy wrote on 7/7/2023, 6:08 PM

@Endre-Nagy I don't understand why you would use a 4k monitor for such a software. It's not really needed outside of gaming. Games use their own GUIs.

But most Windows application GUI frameworks are not scaling independent and conforming them to 4k would mean they would no longer work with 1080p. So the only way would redoing them from scratch. Depending on the software architecture this could mean that you need to rewrite a lot of code.

It's not really worth it, if users can simply get a 1080p monitor. These are not expensive.

Hello!

1080p monitors in 2023??

Sorry, but the world moved forward a long time ago!

All of my music production programs are hi-DPI compatible (FL Studio, Reason, FabFilter, Flatline, SubLab XL, etc.)

Actually, all of the various programs that I am using are hi-DPI compatible!

Microsoft Office 2007 was fully hi-DPI compatible!

There are plenty of free programs out there which invested into making them hi-DPI compatible! (VLC, Avidemux, MusicBee, etc.)

Magix must step up their game!

SP. wrote on 7/7/2023, 8:32 PM

@Endre-Nagy Better be careful what you wish for. I wouldn't be surprised if Magix kills off Sound Forge. It had barley any changes over the past couple of years, the team behind it mainly works on Vegas and Magix announced to consolidate all its products to save resources. They already removed their complete line of graphic and web design software in June. They said they want to concentrate on Music Maker, Samplitude and Vegas.

Endre-Nagy wrote on 7/7/2023, 11:17 PM

@Endre-Nagy Better be careful what you wish for. I wouldn't be surprised if Magix kills off Sound Forge. It had barley any changes over the past couple of years, the team behind it mainly works on Vegas and Magix announced to consolidate all its products to save resources. They already removed their complete line of graphic and web design software in June. They said they want to concentrate on Music Maker, Samplitude and Vegas.

Well, in that case, I believe that Magix won't simply bury Sound Forge, but will sell it to some other company.

Sound Forge already changed hands 3 times.

SP. wrote on 7/8/2023, 12:15 AM

@Endre-Nagy It might take the same way as Acid Pro and become a zombie application.

john_barr wrote on 7/8/2023, 10:11 AM

Sound Forge changed hands 2 times: From Sonic Foundry to Sony and from Sony to Magix. If Sound Forge is buried, Magix will no longer exist for me. For audio I'll use Reaper and Audition and for video I'll use Premiere.

john_barr wrote on 7/8/2023, 1:24 PM

Sound Forge and Acid stopped in time and were passed by competitors.

Endre-Nagy wrote on 11/6/2023, 2:39 PM

Hello!

For anyone out there wondering if the new Sound Forge v17 is fully compatible with high resolution screens, the answer is still: Not really!

Regarding High-DPI compatibility, Sound Forge v17 looks just like the previous versions: Blurry!

Endre-Nagy wrote on 3/20/2024, 7:11 AM

@Endre-Nagy

These are user to user forums so it is very unlikely that any of the developers will see your post, sorry.

I would suggest you send your comments to infoservice@magix.net and request they be forwarded to the development team.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hello!

I did send an e-mail to Magix about the high-DPI incompatibility issue.

Unfortunately, that was their reply:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

There is no further High DPI customization planned for Sound Forge."

So, there we have it!