Sound Forge Audio Studio 17. Strange Noise Initially, on Playback

ArtforArtsake67 wrote on 6/30/2023, 7:44 AM

Hello.

I have been using SFAS 17, and have lately developed a loud 'feedback/static' noise when I first press playback (or spacebar), to listen to my recording. After the initial (very unpleasant) noise, the rest of the recording sounds fine. If I then wish to resume listening, I get the same noise each time I press play!!

Incidentally, I have other DAWs/Audio software (including Reaper and Studio One). and they do not exhibit this problem.

Any help/ideas would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Nick

Comments

ArtforArtsake67 wrote on 6/30/2023, 9:58 AM

SP. Thank you for your suggestions.

I have tried all three, unfortunately with no success.

Nick

SP. wrote on 6/30/2023, 10:03 AM

@ArtforArtsake67 Try to restart your computer and make sure you select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

ArtforArtsake67 wrote on 6/30/2023, 11:34 AM

Hi SP. No change on restart, I'm afraid. Looks like it's back to Reaper!

Thanks for trying.

Regards,

Nick

john_barr wrote on 6/30/2023, 11:47 AM

@ArtforArtsake67

Send an email to infoservice@magix.net and report this problem. But you must have a lot of patience, Sound Forge problems will take a long time to be fixed.

ArtforArtsake67 wrote on 6/30/2023, 12:14 PM

A positive update!!

I think the problem was related to my Focusrite Interface. Although my other DAW's worked fine, I reinstalled the drivers on mt FR, and now the problem is resolved.

Thank you all for your suggestions and patience, I will mark this issue resolved.

Many Thanks

Nick

ArtforArtsake67 wrote on 6/30/2023, 12:16 PM

I would mark this as resolved, but unfortunately, I don't know how to do it!. 😳

ArtforArtsake67 wrote on 6/30/2023, 12:18 PM

Aah. Just saw the ' Tag As Solution' button....

SP. wrote on 6/30/2023, 12:18 PM

@ArtforArtsake67 Good to know you found the solution. I also have a Focusright interface and in rare occasions it also bugs out and a restart doesn't help without unplugging the interface first. It seems it doesn't reset itself without disconnecting it from electricity.