Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 VST scan stuck

Mac123 wrote on 8/9/2023, 1:21 AM

Hello, I've recently upgraded my licence from Vegas Edit to the middle one that includes Sound Forge AS 16 and I tried to test the program but it gets stuck on the VST plugins scan... I tried running as an administrator but it didn't fix the problem. My specs:

Windows 11 Pro x64

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti DUAL OC V2 LHR 8GB GDDR6

Ram: Patriot 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL14 Viper Steel

SSD drives: Crucial 2TB 2,5" SATA SSD MX500 and 2x Kingston 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe KC3000 (program is installed on the Kingston one)

Thank in advance for your help :)

Comments

rraud wrote on 8/9/2023, 10:51 AM

Hi @Mac123, you should first try resetting SF. If you cannot open SF to use the File menu's 'Reset/Clear cache' command, hold down the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys, whilst launching SF, which will open the tool.

Does SF show which plug-in it is looking for? If so, move the plug' (.dll> file) to another non-VST search folder or uninstall (delete) the plug-in. If not, you will have to do some detective work to find the plug-in that will not load. Create a new non-VST folder and temporary move the plug-ins <.dll> files and add a few back at a time to narrow it down to ID the offender.

Mac123 wrote on 8/9/2023, 11:25 AM

Hi @Mac123, you should first try resetting SF. If you cannot open SF to use the File menu's 'Reset/Clear cache' command, hold down the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys, whilst launching SF, which will open the tool.

Does SF show which plug-in it is looking for? If so, move the plug' (.dll> file) to another non-VST search folder or uninstall (delete) the plug-in. If not, you will have to do some detective work to find the plug-in that will not load. Create a new non-VST folder and temporary move the plug-ins <.dll> files and add a few back at a time to narrow it down to ID the offender.

That was my first time to use this program so using reset/clear cache command won't work but I fixed by moving the files (plugin server dll files or something), it shows me errors that they cannot determine any 3rd party plugins but at least I can run the software, thanks :)