Comments

rraud wrote on 5/17/2022, 5:56 PM

Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 record irecord from YouTube?

Sound Forge cannot record video.
If you mean you wish to record 'what you hear', that is possible on many PCs. Though some require a router application like VB-CABLE.
Assuming you have an internal soundcard, open you PCs sound settings, and set the default 'Record' source to "Stereo mix" (which is the terminology Realtec uses). In Sound Forge. open Options> Preferences> Audio" and confirm that "Speakers" (or similar) is selected as the recording source .

Use the windows volume control to set the record level if necessary. To check the recording levels in SF, Open 'Record options' in the 'View' menu and enable record ready (aka, Arm).

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Avraham-Berger.

Avraham-Berger wrote on 5/18/2022, 9:20 AM

Version is a little difference from your instructions, but I was able to figure out what to do. Thanks for your help

Avraham-Berger wrote on 5/18/2022, 9:20 AM

Version 16

rraud wrote on 5/18/2022, 1:30 PM

Version is a little difference from your instructions

Just out of curiosity,, what where the differences?

Avraham-Berger wrote on 5/19/2022, 9:59 AM

In SF under Options/Preferences/Audio I set "Audio device type" to "Windows Classic Wave Driver"

Avraham-Berger wrote on 5/19/2022, 10:01 AM

In SF under Options/Preferences/Audio I set "Audio device type" to "Windows Classic Wave Driver"

rraud wrote on 5/19/2022, 10:39 AM

Thanx
On my Dell XPS 9550, 'Ms Sound Mapper' shows 'Sound Mapper Left-Rght' in the routing list 'Classic Wave' states "Speakers/Headphones" Depends on the PC and soundcard... both the devices work.

FWIW, Sound Blaster used to refer to the throughput as "What you hear"

I had two Toshba Satilites that could not record 'what you hear' without a third-party router.

Avraham-Berger wrote on 5/19/2022, 2:30 PM

Thanks again for your help