Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 Recording and Play

Khusru-Sanjana wrote on 8/23/2021, 2:46 AM

Software version 15 build 47.

I want use this software to record audio from some external source which need to record continuously or it can record automatically in some specified time period in new file?

If it record in single file is there any option to record audio in a manner that after recording I can search and play a specific date and time of recording file?

If it record automatically for a time period for each file. Is it possible to save file name in date and time format?

Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/23/2021, 4:08 AM

@Khusru-Sanjana

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Although I cannot directly answer your question I think you need to make clear exactly which Sound Forge product you have. There is Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 and Sound Forge Pro 15. These are two different software packages with some quite different capabilities.

Jeff
​​​​​​​Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Khusru-Sanjana wrote on 8/23/2021, 4:33 AM

I have Sound Forge Audio Studio 15.

rraud wrote on 8/23/2021, 1:25 PM

Windows natively writes the file's creation date and time in the file's metadata (set Windows explorer to the 'View> Details" (and choose the date parameter) in "more".

Otherwise, Sound Forge cannot render a BWF (Broadcast Wave File) with RT (real time) SMPTE timecode AFAIK, though there are third-party applications that can after recording... Sound Devices 'Wave Agent' for instance.

Khusru-Sanjana wrote on 8/24/2021, 1:06 AM

So to play recoding with RT timecode it must record in bwf format?

I saved one recording using Sound Forge in wav format then open with wave agent it is showing timecode but start with 00:00:00:00 not the real time when recorded.

Is there any other recoding application which can fulfill my requirements?

Sorry I'm not from this field so I have very less knowledge about this.

rraud wrote on 8/26/2021, 11:18 AM

Sound Forge cannot create a BWF from a garden variety PCM file. However if the TC does exist, it should state it in 'View> Metadata'. I am not sure if WaveAgent can create a BWF file from a standard PCM wave file. If it is one, you can enter a new time stamp start time in an existing BWF and playback in WaveAgent. which would have the time display.

Another option, if you have Vegas Pro (and regardless of the file type), you could set the time display to "SMPTE Drop (29.97 Video)", then adjust "Set time at cursor" at the head of the timeline, to the clock-time the file began, That would give you a semi-accurate real-time display.

Former user wrote on 8/27/2021, 10:31 PM

Where can I find the multi-track function Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 in the picture below?

emmrecs wrote on 8/28/2021, 3:54 AM

@Former user

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Neither Sound Forge Pro nor Sound Forge Audio Studio is a multitrack recorder/editor, so I am not sure where you got your attached image from? SF Pro is multichannel capable but that is not multitrack.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Former user wrote on 8/28/2021, 8:11 AM

The link below suggests that Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 would be multi-track. If that picture isn’t true, it’s a flash and a pull in the name of funding.

Link to Sound Forge Audio Studio 15:
https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/sound-forge/sound-forge-audio-studio/

SP. wrote on 8/28/2021, 8:22 AM

@Former user Under the picture the text says

Audio editing

Edit 5.1 Surround files with up to six channels

emmrecs wrote on 8/28/2021, 8:41 AM

@Former user

Just to emphasise what @SP. has written, the key word in that text he quotes is Edit, it does not say Record. Pre-existing 5.1 Surround files can be edited, but not recorded in all versions of SF. The picture is true, it's not a flash and a pull in the name of funding.

Jeff

Former user wrote on 8/28/2021, 8:53 AM

Does Sound Forge Pro 15 Suite have a multi-track feature?

rraud wrote on 8/28/2021, 10:45 AM

Does Sound Forge Pro 15 Suite have a multi-track feature?

No, The SF Pro Suite includes additional plug-ins and such, but none are for multi-track work, such as overdubbing and mixing.
ProTools, Samplitude, Reaper and even the free Audacty are some multi-track software options. Vegas Pro video also has a very capable multi-track DAW built in. Sound Forge can be integrated into Vegas as well for precise event and file editing and processing.

craig-d wrote on 8/31/2021, 2:55 AM

It seems this post got hijacked...If you have a question that is not related to the original forum post, please create a new post rather than hijacking someone else's post. Thanks!