Sound Forge Audio Studio 15.0 save mp3 problem

bizrank wrote on 3/1/2021, 2:22 PM

Hello, I just bought the update and installed the new Sound Forge Audio Studio 15.0 (build 47). Now I am having a problem with saving edited mp3 files. In my old version, the edited song was saved to mp3 immediately. Now, I wait and wait but the mp3 never saves, or takes many minutes to save. Can anyone help?

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/1/2021, 4:55 PM

Try setting Sound Forge to "Always proxy compressed formats" which in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu in Sound Forge Pro. I am not sure where, or if AS has this option. You may also try saving as to another folder.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @bizrank.

bizrank wrote on 3/2/2021, 5:10 PM

Thank you rraud for the taking the time to reply. I found the "Always proxy..." under Options and checked it, but the save of an edited file to MP3 takes a very long time, even if I try saving to another folder. It saves WAV very quickly, but I don't want to use WAV because of the size. Is this a common complaint?

rraud wrote on 3/3/2021, 10:43 AM

It saves WAV very quickly, but I don't want to use WAV because of the size. Is this a common complaint?

Yes, there has been numerous complaints with both Audio Studio and Pro versions. Have you tried a uninstall>reinstall. Not all folks experience this issue, so it may be a PC specific or an OS setting that no one on this forum is aware of. I have not experienced the issue in any SF versions, from Sonic Foundry though Magix on many different PCs. a certain Antivrus maybe. I have have experienced no problems running Win Defender, Norton, Kasperty, Avast. I would contact Magix tech support to get their take on it.
If file size is an issue, there are other data compressed formats like FLAC, AAC, PCA, ect. There are other MP3 encoders as well, but you woulld need to render an temporary PCM.

bizrank wrote on 3/3/2021, 4:50 PM

Thank you, rraud. Since writing that last question, I did find that others had the same issue. I probably will look more closely at a couple things: a reinstall, and I'll have a look at the antivirus I use (NOD). How very odd it seems that saving should be a problem. I've used an older version of Sound Forge for years, and only recently decided to upgrade to what seems now to be a slow painstaking process rather than an improvement. Again, I very much appreciate your generous help.

Robert-Seitz wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:19 PM

I am having the same exact problem with rendering an existing WAV file to MP3. I have a fairly powerful machine and this should really NOT be an issue. I have had similar problems in slow rendering to MP3 (vs WAV) also in some version of Sonar. This is really unacceptable.

SP. wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:35 PM

@Robert-Seitz Try to restart your computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option. Try to disable your antivirus, firewall or Windows Defender temporarily. Try to disable Smart App Control. Try to run the program as administrator by right clicking on the program icon. Check if you have automatic compression enabled on your drive or for the folder you want to save to and disable it. I hope something will help.

Robert-Seitz wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:45 PM

@Robert-Seitz Try to restart your computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option. Try to disable your antivirus, firewall or Windows Defender temporarily. Try to disable Smart App Control. Try to run the program as administrator by right clicking on the program icon. Check if you have automatic compression enabled on your drive or for the folder you want to save to and disable it. I hope something will help.

I use ESET antivirus and it has never been a problem before. I will try disabling Smart APP, I am running as admin and do not have drive compression enabled and am using a fairly fast SSD. This seems like an issue with the MP3 compression scheme. Older version of full SF Studio 6 had no issues but since taken over by Magix, cannot authenticate install even though I own the license. Again, very disappointing.

rraud wrote on 12/6/2023, 5:21 PM

Resetting Sound Forge has been known to fix a malfunctioning MP3 encode and other issues.
Go to 'File> Reset all preferences and clear cached data'.. Be aware, many of your custom preferences will be reset to the factory default. Some preferences (custom keyboard shortcuts and window layouts) can be saved from the AppData folder.. others are buried in the registry.