Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4

Tony-Haack wrote on 7/12/2023, 8:19 PM

Hi - I am looking for advice. I have Movie Studio 2023 Suite. I particularly wish to edit audio tracks including voice over. I have achieved good results in the program - now am seeking advice re Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4 - would there be advantages to adding this to the Studio Suite?

Hope someone can enlighten me?

Tony

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/13/2023, 4:33 AM

@Tony-Haack I wound advise you try the demo version which runs for 30 days. With it you can test, whether the denoising algorithms can help to improve the sound of your recordings.

browj2 wrote on 7/13/2023, 10:15 AM

@Tony-Haack

Hi Tony,

I agree with @SP.

Please take note of the bugs that I have sent in to Magix:

And note my comments about Voice Over in this thread.

I am about to raise this issue with Magix as I think it's a bug.

That said, the program does work well and gives you some excellent features.

There is a feature to remove pauses. However, for VO, that could cause problems if you need a pause in the exported file to be able to break up the file into parts once back in Movie Studio. Of course, you can export with each recording in its own file so long as you put in CD track markers for each. Details.

There is also the Share feature in the top menu and you can send the audio directly to the timeline (position of playback marker and selected track) in Movie Studio.

Another great feature that cannot be done in Movie Studio is that you can see volume changes in the waveform.

And much more.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos