sound forge audio 15 - File can not be open (MP3)

David-Loewenthal wrote on 12/5/2021, 3:26 AM

To whom it may concern
When using Sound forge audio 15, I keep getting the following message:
"The file could not be found. Make sure the file exists and you have access to the file.

I am running Windows 10 and as the administrator, I do have access to the file. The file exists, as it plays in windows media player without any issues. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling soundforge, but to no avail. I am at a loss on how to rectify this problem. Any help given would be appreciated as I have used Sound forge for a long time

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/5/2021, 11:00 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @David-Loewenthal.

This a known MP3 issue and has been corrected in the latest builds. so you may first want to check which build you have in the "Help> about Sound Forge" and 'Check for updates' (The current build for Sound Forge Pro 15 is 156), I am not sure about Audio Studio (the last I recall was build 118).

You can also try resetting SF which has also been known to fix the MP3 issues. To reset, go to "File> Reset all preferences and cached data and Initiate the procedure. Exit Sound Forge and restart.
Alternate method: Holding the "Ctrl + Shift" keys whilst launching Sound Forge brings up the same reset dialog.