Comments

rraud wrote on 5/10/2021, 9:18 AM

I do not know ads in the Windows OS, but regarding Sound Forge, disable "Use Newsfeed to stay informed about SF product updates" in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Will-Fastie

sforgerFX wrote on 8/14/2023, 11:33 PM

This is happening to me as a new SF Pro17 user. The 'Newsfeed' option has no effect:

This is completely unacceptable. How can this crap be turned off?

SP. wrote on 8/15/2023, 2:30 AM

@sforgerFX First of all, you installed this tool during installation by setting a checkmark either to install all additional software or by setting a checkmark to install the Update Notifier.

You can now either disable the Update Notifier in the Windows Autostart list or by uninstalling it from Windows Apps and Features. But be aware not to reinstall it the next time.

sforgerFX wrote on 8/15/2023, 1:18 PM

@sforgerFX First of all, you installed this tool during installation by setting a checkmark either to install all additional software or by setting a checkmark to install the Update Notifier.

You can now either disable the Update Notifier in the Windows Autostart list or by uninstalling it from Windows Apps and Features. But be aware not to reinstall it the next time.

The option I checked at installation time for update notifications was just that -- a checkmark for update notifications. Not random spam for sketchy "PC Tuning" software and other unrelated items.

Edit: yes, you're correct, I was able to uninstall the notifier application. The fact that it's a separate application rather than a feature within the SF executable should have been a warning in itself, I suppose.