Sound Forge 18 voice for test to voice question

Anthony-Koorlander wrote on 4/13/2024, 6:53 AM

Hi, I was hoping for some really good text to speech facilities in Sound Forge 18, so downloaded a triel in order to check it out. It is quite amazing, however - the main reason I wanted this was to add my own voice and allow generation of it, or a recording of another person's voice in order to keep my voice overs unique to me. I have no problem with the incredibly good samples available - but for a specific reason - I need to insert a voice character from my edited library in order to create text to speech with THAT voice. Can I have my own created voices in my own library, and will they be secure? Anyone know?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/13/2024, 7:43 AM

@Anthony-Koorlander No, I don't think it's possible to train your own voices, but you can use some other ways to create voiceovers with your own voices.

For example, there are OpenVoice, RVC, XTTS or Bark. All run on your local computer if you have an Nvidia GPU with enough VRAM.

These might also be accessible via Huggingface, but I haven't tested this. I only ran them locally on my computer.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please check some YouTube videos about Voice Cloning in combination with OpenVoice, RVC, XTTS or Bark.

To save you from the hassle to create stuff like different Python environments (because these tools have different dependencies) I recommend you use a one-click installer like Pinokio. Pinokio will download and install everything into a portable folder.

Anthony-Koorlander wrote on 4/13/2024, 2:20 PM

Hi SP .. thanks very much for your help, I have a long form unfinished project that seemed to be eased when I saw the launch of Sound Forge 18. Then I realised that they'd kept it 'simple'. I can understand that - you really need a standalone product that is specific to the task rather than an add-on lurking somewhere in the midst of a load completely unrelated topography. I'll give the suggestions a try, and thanks for all the additional tips also.