Sound Forge 15 build 57 both 32/64 versions with same huge bug !

Gigi-Shmen wrote on 7/27/2021, 6:59 PM

Sound Forge 15 build 57 has a huge bug, and seems that nobody noticed yet, and it's really frustrating.

Starting from Sound Forge 14 , if you accidentaly drag one of the menu toolbars, vu-meters are freezing, the cursor dissapears, and if you have more than one window open, when you close Sound Forge and reopen it, you have to reopen all the files. How come, NOBODY noticed that bug ? It's from sound forge 14. Come on guys. Is there anyone in your company that really cares about improving, developing, and fixing Sound Forge bugs ? Sound Forge still continues with many, many bugs. Who is testing Sound Forge, is really good on that, to do a popper program test ?

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/28/2021, 11:01 AM

Assuming you have Sound Forge Audio Studio, I cannot I am a SF Pro user so I cannot confirm your findings.

"Come on guys. Is there anyone in your company..."

This is users group, Magix sponsors this forum but there are no Magix employees here. You should contact Magix Sound Forge Tech Support to alert them to the condition and/or to seek a remedy.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users group @Gigi-Shmen.

Gigi-Shmen wrote on 7/28/2021, 12:15 PM

Hi. Thanks for your answer. I'm using Sound Forge Pro, not Audio Studio. So i guess, your Sound Forge, does not have this bug ? In the picture, you can see what i have done. Just try to drag une of the menus on the wave file, and press space to play. Mine, is freezing. Is kinda crushing....I have Sound Forge 15 pro, installed on 2 computers, and the same thing happens. I also use Sound Forge 8 and 10 , as a backup, and they work well.

emmrecs wrote on 7/28/2021, 1:47 PM

@Gigi-Shmen

Dragging one of the menus on to the workscreen will, I think, automatically make that menu the "active" screen. That is a Windows OS feature.

When that menu is seen, by the OS, as "active" any user actions will be assumed to be directed to that menu. Pressing the Spacebar will be seen as giving some "instruction" to that menu, not to SF to play, I think.

IOW, what you are wanting to do is not possible, not because SF Pro has a bug but because Windows prevents it.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Gigi-Shmen wrote on 7/28/2021, 3:41 PM

@emmrecs : Thanks for your answer. Ok. I'll make it more clear. Please try to do the same like in the picture. Try to drag that toolbar, on the wave, and then put it back up, on its place...and then, press play..."space" . The space key, is the play action in Sound Forge. And if i do that, my sound forge freezes...I don't see what this has to do with the operating system. I do the same in Sound Forge 8, and 10, and nothing bad happens. I put a short clip, to explain better. Watch, when i put back the toolbar, the vu-meter freezes, and the cursor dissapear.

And i know it's a bug, because if i have more than one song open, when i close Sound Forge, and reopen it, none of the songs are reopening, like it suppose to be...

rraud wrote on 7/28/2021, 4:28 PM

I was confused by the low build number, I thought that was an AS build, sorry @Gigi-Shmen.

In any case, I experience the same behavior as you in SF Pro-15, When a toolbar is un-docked, (or selected if it's already un-docked) it becomes the active window (as @emmrecs stated). To commence PB, one must re-click the timeline (or elsewhere within SF) to make that the active window again. It is the way Windows works and not a SF bug. btw, SF Pro-10 behaves exactly the same

When I have time, I will also fire up my old XP and Vista PCs to see if it is different on them with SFP 8, 9 10 and 11.

Rednroll wrote on 7/30/2021, 9:41 PM

And i know it's a bug, because if i have more than one song open, when i close Sound Forge, and reopen it, none of the songs are reopening, like it suppose to be...

I have never known SF to have this behavior that you described, nor would I want it to act this way by default. If you want SF to reopen multiple files you had open prior to close, then you would save that view as a "Work space", then upon launching SF you would reopen that workspace or you could have saved that Workspace as the default workspace where if you had the preference setting enabled of "Open default Workspace on startup" it would then automatically open those particular files upon launch if you saved it as a default workspace prior to close.

It's really not sounding like bugs that you are describing but more along the lines of user error.

Product-Owner_OOO_ wrote on 8/26/2021, 3:33 PM

Hi. Thanks for your answer. I'm using Sound Forge Pro, not Audio Studio. So i guess, your Sound Forge, does not have this bug ? In the picture, you can see what i have done. Just try to drag une of the menus on the wave file, and press space to play. Mine, is freezing. Is kinda crushing....I have Sound Forge 15 pro, installed on 2 computers, and the same thing happens. I also use Sound Forge 8 and 10 , as a backup, and they work well.

@Gigi-Shmen We're working on releasing an update for SFP 15 in about 2 weeks, which should hopyfully fix this issue. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.