Sound delay on export movie to MPEG2 DVD

JankoK wrote on 3/15/2011, 12:24 AM

Using Movies on DVD Terratec deluxe edition on Windows XP, SP3. A captured movie plays fine within this program, but when exported to MPEG2 DVD (File - Export movie - Video as MPEG video - MPEG2 (DVD)) contains a sound delay - verified with various players. What to do to get rid of this delay?

I am using the default export settings "Standard DVD PAL" or "Standard DVD PAL Widescreen"

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 3/15/2011, 5:05 AM

Hi JankoK. Have you covered the basics such as fully uptodate with patches etc? Check on the Terratec homepage for any/all pathces/updates. Then try again and see if there's  any change. Cheers, M o' L.  

JankoK wrote on 3/16/2011, 12:43 PM

Hi JankoK. Have you covered the basics such as fully uptodate with patches etc? Check on the Terratec homepage for any/all pathces/updates. Then try again and see if there's  any change. Cheers, M o' L.  

Thanks Man o'Lakes!

Yes, everything is up-to-date. The problem is apparently not in the recording from the Terratec - if the recorded movie is played directly in Movies on DVD Terratec deluxe edition program, the sound is always in sync.

But if I export the movie then I get the sound delay in the exported movie.

It is strange that the delay appears only on some exported movies, not on all. The export procedure is always exactly the same and there is apparently no reason for the delay to appear in the (exported) movie.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Regards

JK