Comments

SP. wrote on 2/6/2022, 9:35 PM

@Frankie-Irwin You need to configure the audio driver in the program settings (gear icon in the top left). Go to the Audio/MIDI tab. If you have selected ASIO (Magix Low Latency) you need to click on the Advanced... button and activate or deactivate the inputs and outputs you want to use.

Frankie-Irwin wrote on 2/6/2022, 9:39 PM

SP. Thanks for responding, also could that be the cause of it just randomly dropping too? I'm a newbie too lol,

SP. wrote on 2/7/2022, 2:23 AM

@Frankie-Irwin Do you mean the sound randomly stops and doesn't come back? Or it's getting lower in Volume by itself?

Frankie-Irwin wrote on 2/7/2022, 7:42 PM

@SP. The sound does that too, what I mean is the music maker app will disappear, crash if you will. It does this especially when I am tinkering with the main audio settings under program settings (Gear top left).

johnebaker wrote on 2/8/2022, 4:36 AM

@Frankie-Irwin

Hi

. . . . sound is coming from both outlets I'm using, headphones and the laptop speakers. I've tried using bluetooth, wired headphones  . . . . music maker app will disappear . . . .especially when I am tinkering with the main audio settings under program settings. . . .

If @SP. suggestions do not work.

The switching between headphones and speakers is controlled by the audio card/chipset detecting the headphones being plugged in/connected via the audio card/chipset drivers.

The crashing would suggest there is an audio driver issue - are the sound card drivers up to date?

Try the following:

1. Run the Windows Audio troubleshooter

if that does not fix the issue

2. With the headphones plugged in/connected open the Sounds app and set the headphones as the default playback device. When you unplug/disconnect them the speakers should be active.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.