sound card issues

JDG wrote on 4/14/2023, 5:25 PM

First attempt to use Music Maker. Getting following message: "The sample rate 44100 Hz could not be set. Your sound card is possibly synchronized to an external source." Any ideas? Can't get a sound out of anything - loops, instruments, the lot - until this is sorted, apparently. Using new download of Music Maker 2016, if that helps.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/14/2023, 6:21 PM

@JDG An easy solution could be to restart your computer. Be aware to click on Restart to free up all drivers, do not click on Shut down, this will only save the current state of Windows and reload it after you turn your machine back on.

You can also try to change the sample rate of your Music Maker project in the Project Settings under the File > Settings menu.

If both things don't help you need to change the settings of your playback device. Make a right click on the speaker icon on the right side of your Windows taskbar. Click on Sounds. The Sound window will open. Click on the Playback tab. Click on your playback device (usually called Speakers) and click on Properties. You can change the sample rate under the Advanced tab. There you can also click on two checkboxes to allow applications to control the settings.

JDG wrote on 4/15/2023, 11:24 AM

Thanks. Still getting same message despite trying both solutions. The only thing that changes is whether it ells me it can't synchronise with 44100 or 44800. The 44800 seems to be the default for my speakers and headphones on this laptop.

SP. wrote on 4/15/2023, 4:16 PM

@JDG You mean 48 000 Hz? What driver have you selected in the Music Maker program settings? Magix Low Latency? Does your system use Intel SST? If that is the case you might need to activate Pull Mode (Wave RT) and Always Resample mode in the Magix Low Latency driver settings.

JDG wrote on 4/16/2023, 10:25 AM

SP. wrote on 4/16/2023, 12:04 PM

@JDG What are your audio driver settings? File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI (> Advanced)

JDG wrote on 4/17/2023, 8:58 AM

Thanks. I just returned the product. Far too much hassle for someone not especially technically minded. Looking for something far more user friendly.