Sought assistance regarding wav-less displayed projects

terry-h1384 wrote on 12/8/2021, 3:20 PM

Dear Magix forum,

Earlier today I had a project on display in wav form on one computer (PC, using Magix's Sound Forge version 23.01.1.21 (DP3)), which I had just saved to an external hard-drive, and backed-up on another external hard-drive.

I had a keyboard of another computer in operation at the same time.

I typed into the keyboard for the Magix-loaded computer instead of the other computer's keyboard, and when I looked up at the display of the Magix-loaded computer a window appeared, and the wav forms disappeared, numerous horizontal lines appeared in the display, and the cursor was moving rapidly, all before I cancelled the window.

I have attempted to re-load the same project which was already saved to an external hard drive, and it cannot be opened according to the error message which states "The audio file F:\Audio\1 to 100\98Master01.wav of the project cannot be opened. Do you want to search in another index or do you prefer to skip it?". The options to progress are 'Search', 'Skip', and 'Skip all'. When I press 'skip' the project appears with titled markers but no wav files.

I have re-set the computer to factory settings, and tried to load other saved projects that displayed wav files but the same error message is displayed, and only wav-less projects appear.

Are you able to clarify how I can restore the proper display of projects / wav forms, please?

Thank you,

Terry.

Comments

terry-h1384 wrote on 12/8/2021, 3:59 PM

Hello Magic forum,

Please do not spend any more of your precious time attempting to resolve my problem: I have managed to resolve it.

Thanks, Terry.

SP. wrote on 12/8/2021, 4:02 PM

@terry-h1384 Hmm, it sounds like the program settings got damaged? You can reset them to the default settings via the Help-menu. I would try this at first.

SP. wrote on 12/8/2021, 4:03 PM

@terry-h1384 Please tell us how you solved it, in case somebody encounters the same problem.

By the way, to other readers, the program with the problem we are talking about is Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab, not Sound Forge for PC..