Sony Movie Studio

Scott-Cummins wrote on 11/9/2021, 2:32 PM

I downloaded trial version of Sony Movie Studio (which I have used for years), after my 30 day trial ended, it gave me a link to purchase the program--I did. The program it downloaded for me is NOT the same program I used on my trial... I am finding it IMPOSSIBLE to contact anyone from either Sony or Magix to figure this out... Help...

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/10/2021, 3:37 AM

@Scott-Cummins

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Since you speak about Sony Movie Studio I'm going to guess the version you had is now quite old. (Sony has not owned MS for several years now).

I'm not sure how you were able to download the trial of an old version but I suspect what you now have is actually Magix Movie Studio 18. The former Vegas Movie Studio line has now been discontinued and the new Magix Movie Studio is now a "clone" of Magix Movie Edit Pro.

This is a different program to the old Vegas Movie Studio but is relatively user-friendly if you are prepared to take the time to learn it! However, I realise that may not be possible, for any number of reasons. In which case you need to email infoservice@magix.net with full details of your order number etc., and the problems you are experiencing and ask if they can help you.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam