Sony Movie Maker Serials Invalid

BeeSting wrote on 7/13/2021, 9:13 AM

Hi everyone, I purchased the Sony Movie Maker 9 quite some time ago. I have changed computers over that time and never had any problems by using the register product from another computer and the site would send me a serial number valid for the new compter to my email. I tried it now and the Magix site tells me that my Serial Number is invalid.

There was a suggestion to run an executable file which would check for previous installations and such but all that seems unecessary since I have only loaded the program on here once and haven't registered it yet due to this complication. I took a screenshot of the form with my serial number and machine ID if someone needs it to help get the right Authentication Code for Sound Forge 9, Vegas 9 and DVD Architect 4.5.

Thanks!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/13/2021, 10:39 AM

@BeeSting

Unfortunately, you have posted to the wrong forum.

Please read this pinned post and follow the advice given there. Please make sure you do not post any image of the form with my serial number and machine ID ANYWHERE. These are public, user to user forums and such data should never be revealed.

Also, please be aware that SF9, Vegas 9 and DVD Architect 4.5 are now old products.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 7/13/2021, 11:03 AM

I do not think SCS (Sony) versions of Sound Forge and Vegas can still be registered off-line. Otherwise all the SCS user info was ported over to Magix in 2016-17, so activation of legacy versions online can still be done. You must use the original serial code and the email address that was used when it was initially registered with SCS. I do not know if this applies to Movie Maker but Sound Forge 9 and DVD Arc should activate w/o issue with the above requirements

btw, this is users forum and no one here is Magix staff. You can contact Magix Customer Service or email them (infoservice@magix.net) for definitive answers.

In any case. welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @BeeSting.