song maker window broken

Ireland-Bristol wrote on 2/25/2022, 7:30 PM

When i launch the application (music maker free, Version 30.0.4.44), this song maker/ template window opens separate from the music maker window. i love the arranger but i cant move it or get it to go away. it also dose not make an actual window that i can manipulate from my taskbar. i want to continue alot of the songs im working on but with were the window is that makes things very difficult. i have tried the usual troubleshooting: relaunching the application and using the exit under file, restarting comp, and even reinstalling the application.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/25/2022, 7:35 PM

@Ireland-Bristol

You can try and reset the program setting by deleting the MusicMaker.ini in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30

Ireland-Bristol wrote on 2/25/2022, 7:56 PM

is that this file here? i dont see a file followed by .ini. however this is the only file i see that configures settings. and thank you for the help!

SP. wrote on 2/25/2022, 8:13 PM

@Ireland-Bristol Yes, that should be the file. You can change under the View tab of the Windows Explorer if file type should be visible.

Ireland-Bristol wrote on 2/25/2022, 9:56 PM

i deleted 2 ini files because MusicMaker.ini didnt work. so i tried this one VstScanSetup_x64.ini and musicmaker.ini but both time i relaunched it was still there.

emmrecs wrote on 2/26/2022, 3:44 AM

@Ireland-Bristol

Deleting the VstScanSetup_x64.ini should not have been done! However, it should be recreated on next launch, I think. It initiates a scan of and saves the location of VSTs and VSTis on your computer.

To resolve your problem have you tried pressing F4 when the app is open? This is the shortcut for Default Layout and should restore the view to its standard layout.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ireland-Bristol wrote on 2/26/2022, 1:53 PM

i figured, but i knew it would come back! and yes ive tried f4, as well as a few diffrent things ive found online about other simular things. ive just not found anything on this problem. f4 will reset the layout of the window, but like i said, for whatever reason this is made into a diffrent window that my taskbar dosnt recognize as one so using f4 wont do anything to it.

Ireland-Bristol wrote on 2/26/2022, 2:25 PM

I fixed this! hopefully this can help someone else with the same issue. its about making into a useable window from an unusable one. im sad that i didnt get screenshots because i cant get it to happen again, so bear with me as i try to explain what i did.

as you know you can pull things from magic maker into their own windows and thats what i tried doing to the song maker. as you can see here ive done that.

i then clicked on the locked features to get the store to open. unknowing that i could have dragged anything into it, i dragged the stores window merging the two.

therefore making the window into a recognizable window to my comp.

then all you have to do is close it!

after this i launched the application again to see if it would continue to happen and it has not since!😅