Song Maker not same as in manual

preacherallen wrote on 8/14/2020, 11:59 AM

If have been trying to use Song Maker in my newly downloaded Music Maker (64bit) to make song tracks for Movie Editor Pro (screen on left). In the Manuel (right hand picture) it shows that it should look totally different than it does. One of the things missing is the slider to set the length of the audio (#4). i want to create specific length audios for certain sections of the video. I know I can just cut it shorter, but I would like it to actually fit. I will include the to screen shots so you can see what I mean. Is there any way to set the length of the audio created by Song Maker???

Comments

browj2 wrote on 8/14/2020, 12:47 PM

@preacherallen

Hi,

The Song Maker in MMM2021 is a new feature in this version, quite different and much better than the old one. The F1 manual shows the new one, your image shows the old one that is still in the pdf document. Use F1 and search for "Song Maker."

Have you updated to the latest version of MMM 29.0.1.16?

There is no length that you can set for the duration, nor was there one in the previous version. The new one works with bars and beats and song parts (as did the last one), not by duration. You select a Genre template, Soundpool(s), limit instruments, and determine which song parts that you want.

I usually want short songs, so I limit them to the Intro, Verse, Outro. In the example that I just did for Pop, 80s... this gave me 25.5s. To see this, change the grid to milliseconds. The duration will show in the yellow bar. Change back to bars and beats for editing.

Then you still may have to play around with the song to get what you want, especially the endings. I usually extend the ending (yellow bar at the top) and adjust one or two loops to get an ending note or fade.

Don't confuse the Song Maker in MMM with the Soundtrack Maker in VPX. They are not the same. In VPX, you can indicate a range to limit the duration, but Soundtrack Maker uses Soundpool loops, thus bars and beats, and will most likely not give you an exact length. You can adjust the speed if needed to get an exact duration.

For VPX, you can see the Soundpools and the loops here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Videocontent\Video Pro X\Soundtrack Maker Styles

I purchased a couple from Magix and put them here.

In the same location, you'll see .MMM files. You can copy these elsewhere so as to not accidently mess up the original, and open them in MMM. VPX actually uses a version of MMM to create the soundtracks.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

preacherallen wrote on 8/15/2020, 7:22 AM

Thanks for the information

Richard-Ranft wrote on 9/2/2020, 12:20 PM

Version 29.0.2.17 appears to have completely hidden this tool.

The "About" dialog:

The documentation via F1:

And the items on the "Effects" menu just for completeness:

So, in 29.0.2.17, how does one open the Song Maker tool?

johnebaker wrote on 9/2/2020, 12:45 PM

@Richard-Ranft

Hi

From the image it looks like you are running the Free version which does not support Song Maker.

If you bought the Plus or Premium versions did you activate the free version with the serial number you received - this unlocks the extra features, Soundpools and Instruments for the Plus and Premium versions.

You then need to download and install the extra content that appears in the Downloads tab?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Richard-Ranft wrote on 9/2/2020, 1:04 PM

Thanks - I'll double-check installation and registration and get back here with details.

I had 2019 Premium and installed 2021 Premium with the "upgrade in place" option, and it never asked for the new key. Perhaps that combination was cause for weirdness.

Richard-Ranft wrote on 9/2/2020, 1:21 PM

Okay, uninstalled, re-downloaded the installer (musicmakerpremium2021_dlm_dizw8a.exe), installed.
Went to the product registration portal and the serial number is already in use:

But the serial number is not already in use:

So now I'm going to see if Support can sort this.

SP. wrote on 9/2/2020, 2:02 PM

You don't need to re-register your serial in the product portal. Just open Music Maker and log into your user account inside the software.

You will need to enter the serial inside the software.