Some things need to change

Jeffrey-Jones wrote on 9/12/2021, 7:12 PM

I like Music Maker. It makes sense.

I find that I'm beginning to actively look at other software packages, and the reasons are cumulative. I've put up with what amounts to spam on my computer at power up and for daring to even accidentally launch a Magix product for what seems like a decade now, urging me to upgrade almost as soon as I upgrade. Magix and Corel are the only products I use that do it so far. Now, I have to boot and/or sign into Magix Music maker multiple times before it realizes that I have paid hundreds of dollars for Music Maker over the years, and I don't have to go to the store to import an MP3.

If I relent and upgrade what used to be a perfectly fine installation of Magix to the latest for $49, will I be able to just use the product as normal? For how many months? Mind you, though I actually appreciate some things about Movie Edit Pro, I have just given up and moved on completely to Hit Film, even though Movie Edit pro has the absolute best audio mixing in video as far as I'm concerned. I've been using Magix since probably 2008 so I don't want to abandon it, but I swear it makes me want to. I just had a crash. No big deal, considering all the tracks and effects.

Can I get an auto-recover, like I've enjoyed for years?

No! Because on reboot, suddenly I have no rights to load the file, until I convince Music Maker that I've purchased it yet again. And the thing that kills me is that the last time I upgraded to both Music Maker and Movie edit, I was given the impression it was the final upgrade or something, but it's just never satiated. I use thousands of dollars worth of graphics and animation software. Magix nags me the most -- and I've already purchased it!

What does it do if you use the free version? Keep reminding you about your auto warranty?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/12/2021, 7:27 PM

@Jeffrey-Jones It often helps the clean up the store in the program settings. This will delete the old store cache and can bring back your paid features.

To avoid the biggest problems of new Magix software it is a good idea to upgrade only after waiting at least five or six months. Usually it gets more stable as time goes by.