some one please help

stemag2001 wrote on 12/6/2012, 6:22 AM

i have been using magix video software for about 5 years my last software was mx plus which ran ok  iwas using windows xp i have now got a new pc runing on windows 7 when i go to install mx  every think goes well untill i go to play the software a picture of mx comes up then goes of then nothing i have been in touch with customer support they said i needed a patch which they sent  which done exactly the same so i downloaded the 30 day free trail of edit pro 13 which is windows 7 compatable but the same thing happens customer service have done a scan on my pc to no avail  ihave tried for 3 days to sort this out customer support seems to have faded away can any one please help    ihvae just found my old magix 17 pro i installed it on to my new pc and it worked but the others still do not i dont know if this helps 

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/6/2012, 10:28 AM

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_In_1.htm

DOWNLOADS THESE VIDEOS CODECS.

some version of wndows 7 doenst inform you that soem codecs may be missing to run certain software.

it might be a simple case of not having the right video codecs installed.

peace.!

Personally I would NOT attempt to solve the OP's question by downloading codecs, however good and free they may be.  In my experience Win 7 and MAGIX programs include all the codecs needed for "standard" use of MEP/VPX.  Some downloadable codecs can, by all reports, create more problems than they solve.  After all, the problem here is one of certain versions of the program not even opening.

The first problem of MX (which sub-version, BTW, Pro, Plus or Premium?) not opening is certainly not my experience with MX Premium on Win 7. The first thing you need to do, I think, is completely uninstall it; there is a MAGIX tool to "clean up" faulty installs or you can find and download the free Revo Uninstaller and run it in Advanced mode.  Then attempt to reinstall - I assume you have Administrator rights on your computer? - and see if that solves the problem.

Where did you find the trial of "edit pro 13" (or did you mean MEP 2013 )?   I don't have that on my PC (Video Pro X is my editor software of choice) but there are a number of users on this forum who report relatively few, if any,  problems similar to yours with it on a variety of OS platforms, including Win 7.

So, in summary, I would first attempt a total uninstall of the non-opening versions, using either the MAGIX tool or Revo, followed by a very careful reinstall, perhaps with antivirus or other protection program switched off if it helps.  (Personally I've never found this necessary but much depends on which AV the OP is actually running.)   One other thought: could Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) or Bit-Locker be involved in this failure to open?

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/6/2012, 10:28 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam