Comments

SP. wrote on 6/2/2021, 4:06 PM

@Andrea-Bode You can reset the layout with View > Standard Layout or by pressing F4 on your keyboard. Does this help you?

You can also reset your settings by deleting the MusicMaker.ini file in the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm29 and starting Music Maker after this.

Andrea-Bode wrote on 6/2/2021, 4:56 PM

unfortunately there is no drop down menus at all. It's just a blank gray screen. I've contacted support. Seems there is something incompatible with my computer.

Andrea-Bode wrote on 6/2/2021, 4:56 PM

I've tried restarting computer, reinstalling software etc. No luck. Even the free version looks like this.

johnebaker wrote on 6/3/2021, 3:50 AM

@Andrea-Bode

Hi

Assuming you want to revert back to the previous version you had installed:

Download and install Revo Uninstaller (freeware) and use it to uninstall Music Maker and then run the scans and delete the files/folders and registry fragments left behind.

Download and install your previous version of Music maker from your account at magix.com.

Activate with your serial number, check for updates - but do not upgrade to MMM 2021 if the update message states the upgrade version number as 29.0.x.x.

Then re-install all the Extra Content - if you chose to leave this in the installation folder during the previous install it will be installed without being downloaded again.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/3/2021, 3:50 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2021, 5:32 AM

@Andrea-Bode Have you tested pressing F4? Or deleting the ini-file?

Andrea-Bode wrote on 6/3/2021, 4:18 PM

I deleted the INI file and that fixed the problem but now the playback is not working. It sounds crackling and tons of static. Any idea what I can do about that?

SP. wrote on 6/3/2021, 7:23 PM

@Andrea-Bode You need to set up the audio driver in the program settings. You need to increase the playback buffer size.

Andrea-Bode wrote on 6/4/2021, 12:34 PM

Thank you can you tell me how to do that? I looked in program settings. What do I need to change?

SP. wrote on 6/4/2021, 1:44 PM

@Andrea-Bode I have made a screenshot. Click on the plus button to increase the buffer number and size until the crackling and static stops.

From the manual:

Audio buffer:Here you can specify the buffer size that should be used for playback of the entire arrangement or for previewing audio files in the Media Pool.

As a rule of thumb: If response and loading times are too slow, reduce the buffer size; otherwise increase the buffer size if the audio playback is choppy or if real-time effect computation errors occur.

As error-free playback is usually more important than fast reaction times, the buffer size should be raised to 16384 or 32768 if dropouts occur.

If you use an ASIO driver, click on "Advanced..." and make the buffer size bigger. The screenshot shows the settings for the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver. Different ASIO drivers can have different looking settings.

Andrea-Bode wrote on 6/4/2021, 2:20 PM

I was connected to the wrong driver but your comment solved my problem! Thank you so much!!