So need my license number resent

Robert-Rider wrote on 3/21/2021, 3:04 PM

So upgrading my computer system and can not find my license number anywhere. I am using Acid studio 11 on a Windows 10 machine and very happy with the software. Not happy with the nonexistent support by Sony here! Any have an Idea here. If I upgrade will i get a new license or do i need to spend $300 on software that I get no manufacturer support from?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/21/2021, 3:31 PM

@Robert-Rider

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Sony sold the complete ACID product range to Magix in about 2014/15 so yes, support for this product from Sony is going to be non-existent!

However, all existing user data was transferred from Sony to Magix when the sale was finalised so I believe you need to log into your Magix Account and find the relevant data under "My Products".

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Robert-Rider wrote on 3/21/2021, 3:55 PM

@emmrecs Okay so maybe I didn't make it clear purchased the product from Sony, registered with Sony, signed up an online account with Sony, not Magix. Just signed up today tried my login with Sony Didn't work. My Magix Account online doesn't have a "My Products" link or tab, because guess what you all don't have my product information. I feel like companies are aware of the weight there customer service or lack there of has. I am not asking for anything free here just my information that you have and as you put it Sony is non-existent. Do you want me to start talking to all my musician friends about how bad Magix customer service is or maybe I'll start this discussion on social media. So Jeff who do I need to talk to, too actually get a solution? or are you all going to continue to give me the run around? You gave me a canned response that did nothing to help me and had you done a little research you would have known that.

emmrecs wrote on 3/21/2021, 5:09 PM

@Robert-Rider

Sarcastic comments and responses are guaranteed only to alienate fellow-users who might wish to help you!

As I wrote before these are user to user forums and all who post here, including Forum Moderators, are not Magix employees so please treat all responders with respect. And making threats of any kind is really not helpful.

If there is no product showing in your Magix account the only suggestion I can make is to email Magix customer service, infoservice@magix.net, giving as many details of your original purchase as you can.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 3/21/2021, 6:02 PM

I am using Acid studio 11 on a Windows 10 machine and very happy with the software. Not happy with the nonexistent support by Sony here!

Do you want me to start talking to all my musician friends about how bad Magix customer service is or maybe I'll start this discussion on social media. So Jeff who do I need to talk to, too actually get a solution? or are you all going to continue to give me the run around? You gave me a canned response that did nothing to help me and had you done a little research you would have known that.

@Robert-Rider

What an obnoxious reply.

If you had done a little research, you would have found that this is a user forum, not Magix support, no one here works for Magix, and definitely not Sony support, and that if you had purchased Acid Studio 11 from Sony, it would be bogus. Acid Music Studio 11 is the latest offering from Magix. Nothing to do with Sony.

If you purchased it legally from Magix and activated it using the same email address (username), then it would be registered to you under My Products in your Magix account (using the same email address). You say that you had it installed on your previous computer system, so I have to assume that you had activated it. Then, it would be in your Magix account.

Perhaps you should tell your friends that you said that you purchased a product from Sony that Sony does not sell, somehow registered it with Sony, signed up for an account with Sony, tried to access your Sony account and it didn't exist, and then went and complained about Sony and Magix on the Magix forum about not being able to find the 'license number' with Sony. Wow! Tell them also that you didn't bother to keep the activation code (license number) in case you had to reinstall the program. They will start to wonder about you.

Finally, you ask about upgrading - from Acid Music Studio 11 to .....what? Acid Music Studio 11 is the latest version. "had you done a little research you would have known that."

BTW, I happen to have Acid Music Studio 11 and as you can see, it is registered to my account.

do i need to spend $300 on software that I get no manufacturer support from?

300$? I received an offer from Magix (not Sony) today to upgrade to Acid Pro 10 for 79$.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Robert-Rider wrote on 3/21/2021, 7:13 PM

@browj2 Thanks for pointing out certain things when I bought Acid Music Studio from Sony when Sony still owned Acid and have upgraded ever since. My comment was on having to purchase a new copy for my new system, which was hoping not to do. I am happy and comfortable with what I have and the $300 for a new copy of Acid Pro 10 is where I get that, and upgrading at any price wouldn't matter. As the Moderator Jeff already pointed out I have the information I need so thank you Jeff. As for you John thanks for showing what to expect from you going forward. I asked a basic question and you didn't provide anything relevant to someone who is looking to those that have knowledge for help. I have spent the better part of my weekend trying to get answer from Sony and Magix.

I think going forward I will check other manufactures forums to see if any artists and production people out there have to say about products they are using. I have been using ACID since 2002 and find it one of the best platforms. John doesn't matter what I have to say here i can see that your contribution isn't adding anything of worth so have a great rest of your day Sir!

emmrecs wrote on 3/22/2021, 5:56 AM

@Robert-Rider

Unfortunately you most recent reply is still in the same vein as your earlier one, despite being asked to be polite and respectful to other users.

This thread, therefore, is now closed and if you wish to continue to participate in the forums, please remember the Community rules which are to be found in the footer of every forum page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator