Sidechain Acid Pro 8

Simon-Murray wrote on 7/8/2018, 4:34 PM

I'm loving the 64 bit. But am a bit confused that there is no sidechain. It's mentioned in the marketing material. It's in some of the stock fx. But cannot find mention of it in the manual. Another post here implied it's coming.

I was really hoping with Acid Pro 8 we wouldn't have to do all the work arounds we did in the past.

My workflow in Acid Pro 8 is just as fast as it was in 7. Thanks.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 7/9/2018, 3:07 AM

Hey @Simon-Murray - you're right in that the https://www.magix.com/int/music/acid-pro/features/ does list side-chaining as a feature of some of the plugins, specifically eFX Gate, and eFX Compressor. I've not personally tried the side-chaining functions out so at the minute can't give you much in the way of guidance, but those are the two plugins to look at.

Acid as a such doesn't currently support channel routing natively that would be required to enable side-chaining type effects across the board, so generally you're looking at enabling this through VSTs that support their own routing.

Simon-Murray wrote on 7/10/2018, 3:37 PM

Thanks Sheppo. Got to think if they produced stock plugins with external input capability that the function should be usable in the DAW. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. Do you know if the stock plugins have manuals?

LooneyBinJim wrote on 7/24/2018, 7:44 PM

Hey @Simon-Murray - you're right in that the https://www.magix.com/int/music/acid-pro/features/ does list side-chaining as a feature of some of the plugins, specifically eFX Gate, and eFX Compressor. I've not personally tried the side-chaining functions out so at the minute can't give you much in the way of guidance, but those are the two plugins to look at.

Acid as a such doesn't currently support channel routing natively that would be required to enable side-chaining type effects across the board, so generally you're looking at enabling this through VSTs that support their own routing.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PROGRAM I used to love this program but now everything seems to take me hours to get anywhere.

If as you point out that acid-pro features does include side chaining as a feature why does it appear the plugins provided efx gate efx compressor how can this be done if they s/c switch says no chain channels are available ..

If you advertise a product shouldnt it at least have the features you advertise ..please help im getting so fed up using this program i wonder why i bothered ..