Comments

rraud wrote on 7/13/2021, 11:53 AM

Welcome to the Sound Forge users group @Alok-Sharma.
There is karaoke software that can (sometimes) remove vocals from a mixed recordings. but is is far from perfect and anything that is not mixed 'dead center' will remain in some form. You can try a simple sum and difference phase inversion procedure to attenuate dead-center panned elements right in SF.

The only software I have encountered that can effectively 'unbake a cake' is SpectraLayers Pro (SLP), which uses AI (artificial intelligence). It ain't 100% accurate but it works quite well extracting the usual pop music elements as five separate stem files (vocals, keys, drums, bass and 'other') SLP is included with the Sound Forge Pro Suite and can be integrated with SFP, or used as a standalone app. SLP is also extremely good for audio restoration and forensic work. iZotope's RX Advanced may be another option, but I am not that familiar with all it's functions and it's not a low budget option either.
FYI, SLP used to be published by SCS (Sony) and Magix, but was recently acquired by Steinberg.

SP. wrote on 7/13/2021, 12:07 PM

@Alok-Sharma Another good tip are free audio stem generator web services like http://www.splitter.ai These websites use a free software called Spleeter to split up tracks. You can also download and use Spleeter on your own computer but it is complicated. It is easier to use web services. SpectraLayers and iZotope RX also use a modified version of Spleeter for separation calculations.

Alok-Sharma wrote on 7/14/2021, 2:21 AM

Welcome to the Sound Forge users group @Alok-Sharma.

Thank you @rraud

There is karaoke software that can (sometimes) remove vocals from a mixed recordings. but is is far from perfect and anything that is not mixed 'dead center' will remain in some form. You can try a simple sum and difference phase inversion procedure to attenuate dead-center panned elements right in SF.

I will research more on this.

The only software I have encountered that can effectively 'unbake a cake' is SpectraLayers Pro (SLP), which uses AI (artificial intelligence). It ain't 100% accurate but it works quite well extracting the usual pop music elements as five separate stem files (vocals, keys, drums, bass and 'other') SLP is included with the Sound Forge Pro Suite and can be integrated with SFP, or used as a standalone app. SLP is also extremely good for audio restoration and forensic work. iZotope's RX Advanced may be another option, but I am not that familiar with all it's functions and it's not a low budget option either.
FYI, SLP used to be published by SCS (Sony) and Magix, but was recently acquired by Steinberg.

I got SFP 14 as a part of the VP 18 package, so it does not include SLP, but I did get iZotope RX Elements 7 and other extras bundled with VP 18 purchase. The other thing is that I am not a full-time professional (either video or audio) and my requirements are very basic or minimal, at least for now. So I have to manage with what all I have.

Alok-Sharma wrote on 7/14/2021, 2:42 AM

@Alok-Sharma Another good tip are free audio stem generator web services like http://www.splitter.ai These websites use a free software called Spleeter to split up tracks. You can also download and use Spleeter on your own computer but it is complicated. It is easier to use web services.

Awesome, I was able to do separate the vocal from the instrumental using the 2 Stem Pro. I signed up and activated the free one-day trial.

SpectraLayers and iZotope RX also use a modified version of Spleeter for separation calculations.

I have iZotope RX Elements 7 which I received as a bundle with VP 18 purchase. Just to try it out on my PC, can you please tell me from where I can download this extension.

emmrecs wrote on 7/14/2021, 4:08 AM

@Alok-Sharma

@rraud was referring to the FULL version of iZotope RX7; RX7 Elements is very much a cut-down version. You cannot download this extension, to add the facility to RX7 Elements, you would need to buy the full RX7 program, though I suspect the only version still available to buy is the current RX8 (and the price might make your eyes water, especially if you look at RX8 Advanced! 😱)

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alok-Sharma wrote on 7/14/2021, 9:37 AM

@emmrecs - Thank you for clearing the doubts.

I checked the pricing and this amount easily covers the cost of VP 18 that I purchased in the last month along with the most recent upgrade offer to Vegas Post Suite and still leave me with at least $550 in hand :-)

Rednroll wrote on 7/16/2021, 7:31 AM

For vocal extraction and stem creation. Download and install "SpleeterGUI". It uses the same technology created by Deezer as is in SpectraLayers Pro but a developer has made a GUI to make it simple to use. And the price is Free.

https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI

Alok-Sharma wrote on 7/16/2021, 11:33 AM

@Rednroll I installed this software in the afternoon. But I had gone out in the evening and came back late, I will try this software tomorrow in the morning.

Actually, I am quite impressed with the developer who is literally asking for as low as just $1 as a means to support his development. I will definitely support him with whatever best I can, as such developers definitely need to be rewarded. Otherwise, we all would end up spending hundreds of dollars on purchasing costly software.