SF18 (build 21): Text to Speech problems

Unsounded wrote on 5/28/2024, 7:42 AM

In Vegas if I open text to speech I can type multiple lines of text by simply pressing enter. With text to speech in Sound Forge I can't type more than one line. Pressing enter does nothing. Is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks.

Secondly, text to speech sometimes hangs while generating the audio. Once the audio generated was just a high pitched squeal. I've not experienced either problem with Vegas. Has anyone else had problems using Text to speech inside SF18?

I'd much prefer to use text to speech in Sound Forge but it has issues that Vegas doesn't have.

Comments

john_barr wrote on 5/28/2024, 8:25 AM

Magix's priority is Vegas and not Sound Forge.

john_barr wrote on 5/28/2024, 8:54 AM

Send email to infoservice@magix.net and report this issue. Maybe they will fix it.

rraud wrote on 5/28/2024, 9:18 AM

I cannot duplicate the behavior @Unsounded . Text wrapping works as does the paragraph return.
I am not sure resetting SF would resolve the issue. Try entering the text in notepad or other text editor and copy/paste it into the text-to-speech field, which is what I usually do anyway.
Otherwise, contact support as was stated,

Unsounded wrote on 5/28/2024, 9:43 AM

Thanks, are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11? Copying and pasting works but I often want to make adjustments and currently I can't.

rraud wrote on 5/29/2024, 8:48 AM

I am using a Win 10 PC.
You could try resetting SF, but I do not know if it will help if this case.
'File> "Reset all preferences and clear cached data"

If you can not open Sound Forge to access the 'File' menu, hold down the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys, whilst launching SF, which opens will he reset/clear cache dialog.