SF15 Pro Batch Converter - using presets from older versions

joseph-p wrote on 3/12/2021, 12:55 PM

it's a given when something changes, human nature tends to hate it. and so it goes with the new batch converter in SF15 Pro.

I've had batch converter presets I've used since SF9, perhaps earlier. I can't figure out how to get to them in the new batch converter. should there not be a way to get to those presets and have them run? I would hate to have to recreate everything as it would take days.

the workaround for now is to do batch conversion in an older version of SF Pro, but what a pain in the you-know-what.

How do I use my presets in the new batch converter?

Comments

joseph-p wrote on 3/12/2021, 1:32 PM

LOL. tried to go the the SF15 Pro help file to see if I could figure this out. all that's there are the instructions for using the OLD batch converter. HA! I thought Sony was bad...

rraud wrote on 3/12/2021, 5:04 PM

all that's there are the instructions for using the OLD batch converter

.. I am not surprised.

I do not know if an old job preset will work, the redesign is significantly different, but I will try it. The Fx presets will work the same though, if that's any consolation.

Update.. using a preset job from SFP-14, most everything seems to be intact except the Process>FX.

FYI, the SFP-15 batch presets folder is:
C:\Users\**user name**\AppData\Local\MAGIX\Sound Forge Pro\15.0

joseph-p wrote on 3/13/2021, 8:36 PM

thank you. this seems to work with my old *.bj presets. a couple of small bugaboos, but they're in there now. I don't necessarily like that the program saves and closes the audio file after processing, but I'll take it...

ThomasH-RoachII wrote on 2/26/2022, 8:10 AM

I am SO FRUSTRATED with the new batch converter! I created a new folder for my old presets. They showed up on the batch converter window. I used one and closed it. NOW, when I try to open batch converter, I get the following message: "An error occurred during the current operation. Error 0x80131604 (message missing)". Any suggestions, MAGIX?

rraud wrote on 2/26/2022, 12:43 PM

Any suggestions, MAGIX?

This is the Magix Sound Forge users community @ThomasH-RoachII, If you wish to request a Magix tech support ticket, click Support at the top of the page. It is a little confusing so you may want to peruse the cheat sheet in this previous thread.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047