Comments

craig-d wrote on 8/28/2023, 2:00 AM

hi @Bill-B...this happened to me once and i was livid...it turned out that in a Windows update, my microphone privacy settings got changed and so my inputs were turned off and recording became impossible. have you checked your 'Microphone Privacy Settings' and made sure that your microphone access is turned on?

Bill-B wrote on 8/28/2023, 11:29 PM

Craig... I looked and yes the mic was off. I did say I am using a line level inputs. It tried it anyway, not change. SF is still giving the same error. Talking with a tech at a computer store, he suggested it might be the built-in sound card functions on the MB might be at fault. Borrowed his sound card to install and try. Will post the results.

rraud wrote on 8/29/2023, 1:11 PM

Hi @Bill-B, is the desired input enabled and set as the default in Windows sound settings, select the 'Recording' tab and choose line, direct, or whatever it is called on your PC. Then go to the Sound Forge "Options> Preferences> Audio" and choose the 'Record' device input. Windows Classic Wave Driver should show the Windows default input and is usually trouble free. Windows Sound Mapper usually works too,

If you are not familiar with the Sound Forge recording procedure already:
- Select 'File> New' and set the sample rate and bit depth parameters
- Go to 'View> Record options' and make any other parameter changes if so desired.
- Leave the 'Record options' window open and select 'Arm' in the Transport menu or icon (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+ Shift+ A)
- Viewing the record level meters in the Record options window, make any necessary record level adjustments on the audio source or interface.
- Commence recording by selecting 'Record' in the transport (shortcut: Ctrl+R).