SF Pro 14 bug? Start program, menu items shift left with mouse hover

fherr wrote on 1/27/2021, 8:31 PM

Hello! Just upgraded to SoundForge Pro 14.0 (Build 130), and sometimes when I start the program (both 64- and 32-bit), I find that the top menu items all shift over to the left when I hover over them with the mouse.

I've been playing with it to try to reproduce it, and it seems to occur consistently when the program is set to "Open default Workspace on startup" (in Options > Preferences > General) and you've previously closed the program with a file saved but still open. Then, the next time you start the program and it automatically opens the file you were working on last time, there's an extra red icon on the left side of the top menu (see this photo). Then when you mouse-over any menu item (e.g., "Process"), it shifts it to the left (see same photo).

Sometimes if you hover over all of the menu items it will just shift them all over to the left and make the extra red icon disappear, which is okay, but sometimes (not sure how to reproduce this) the shift keeps the red icon visible and seems to cover and make invisible the "File" menu item and all of its sub-menu items (see this second photo) and then you can't use the mouse to Open, Close, Save, Save As, Exit, etc. - you need to know the keyboard shortcut keys for those commands. Luckily those shortcuts were included in the download when I upgraded, so it's not a show-stopper, but I thought I should report it in case it helps. My apologies if I should be reporting this somewhere else on the Magix website.