SF Audio Studio 15 wants to install new version of product updater

David-Shotlander wrote on 4/10/2022, 7:15 AM

Hi yall!

Every time I start up Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 --every time-- I get a pop-up asking me to install a new version of the product updater, even after I've just done it 15 times. Is this a bug everyone has to deal with or is the update just not registering on my PC? How do I make it stop? It's almost as if this bug is intentional, designed to annoy me to the point where I upgrade to the Pro version...

Thanks for your help!

System: PC, Windows 10, 24 GB ram. Also using Vegas Pro 19.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/10/2022, 8:49 AM

@David-Shotlander

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

No, it's not intentional but it is a bug! Magix staff have acknowledged this and if you do a search in these forums for "Update Notifier" you will find a considerable number of threads about it, along with solutions to correct it!

For me, it eventually disappeared when an app update was released. Presumably, the built-in (corrected) Update Notifier was also installed at the same time.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Kev38 wrote on 4/10/2022, 9:26 AM

My SF Pro 15 is becoming increasingly flaky. It crashes pretty well every session, which getting to be unusable. How can I reinstall the software, or is this a known fault?

Windows 10 intel i5, 5GB ram

rraud wrote on 4/10/2022, 12:32 PM

Aside for the Update Notifier annoyance, SF-15 is solid on most PCs, the same for SF-16. I would first try a reset. Open SF, go to the 'File' menu and select "Reset and clear cached data". Close and restart Sound Forge.

If that does not help and it is still flaky, uninstall and reinstall. Most folks (including Magix) usually recommend uninstalling using a third-party uninstaller like 'Revo Uninstall', using the 'advanced' scan mode, that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the default uninstall leaves behind..vusually the cause of recurring issues. If you have other versions of Magix SF installed, be careful not to delete the 'shared' data items, Then reinstall the latest build.
Revo Uninstall has pro and freeware versions, the free version is sufficient in most cases unless a 'forced uninstall' is needed, which is a Revo Pro option.

Kev38 wrote on 4/12/2022, 4:44 AM

Thanks rraud, I'll give that a go.

David-Shotlander wrote on 4/15/2022, 3:56 AM

@emmrecs Thanks (rather belatedly, my apologies) for your response. I'm new to the forum and hadn't managed to search for the right info before posting here. I'll have a look at the thread you suggested and see if any of the proposed solutions solve the issue. Thanks to everyone for your responses!