SF 9LE - Can't activate.

boogetyboogety wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:17 AM

Had this Sony turntable (PSLX300USB) for a couple of years unused. (Yes, I still have the receipt.)

Finally got the oomph to start transferring my albums.

I have the installation disc for Sound Forge 9 LE that came with the turntable, but no box with the software serial number.

Tried numbers that I found online, but all were invalid.

I'd really appreciate help with this. It seems like a waste to toss the turntable because I can't activate the software.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:21 AM

@boogetyboogety Why shouldn't you be able to use the turntable without the software? It should work fine with any audio software.

Since Sony no longer publishes Sound Forge for many years now, I don't think you can still activate this version of Sound Forge because it likely wants to connect to the now deactivated Sony servers.

boogetyboogety wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:22 AM

Any suggestions on software to replace SF9?

SP. wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:24 AM

@boogetyboogety For example free software like Audacity. Or you could try the free Sound Forge Audio Studio demo or Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab demo from Magix.com

boogetyboogety wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:27 AM

Would Audacity enable me to record my albums on a flash drive for transfer? Hate to be asking all these questions... so thank you in advance.

SP. wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:29 AM

@boogetyboogety Yes, this should be no problem. You can just export the files as audio files and then save them on your flash drive.

boogetyboogety wrote on 9/2/2022, 9:30 AM

Thanks so much. I'll take your advice. Have an amazing weekend!