SF 15 Pro Doesn't See M-Audio M-Track Audio Interface

William-Eimers wrote on 8/14/2021, 11:10 AM

I still can’t get SF 15 Pro to “see” my M-Audio M-Track 2x2 audio interface.  It’s not listed in the Preferences>Audio dropdown menu.  When I select Windows Classic Wave Driver, and click on Record/Channel 1 and 2, the M-Track IS listed.  At that point, I can record, but not play back through my headphones.  If I select the M-Track on Playback/Channel 1 and 2, I can then hear the playback, but now I can’t record.  Any ideas?  M-Audio has been no help.  I have the same issue in both of my two studios, two different computers (Windows 10 on both).   BTW I have none of these issues in SF 11 Pro.

Comments

rraud wrote on 8/14/2021, 12:08 PM

Hi @William-Eimers, in your Windows "Control Panel> Sound" settings, confirm the M-Audio device is enabled for both recording and playback. Then re-confirm in the SF audio device settings

Additionally, many reports indicate the ASIO-4-All device driver works well with SFP and other Magix products.

William-Eimers wrote on 8/14/2021, 12:26 PM

Yes, it is enabled for recording and playback as the default. And per your earlier suggestion, I did download the ASIO-4-All, it is listed but does not help. Thx I'm stumped, and wish I hadn't wasted money on the 15 version, since 11 works perfectly.

William-Eimers wrote on 8/14/2021, 12:30 PM

To clarify, the ASIO-4-All when selected, plays back through my monitors, not headphones, and I can't record. It's not seeing the M-Audio either.

rraud wrote on 8/15/2021, 11:30 AM

If it worked in SF Pro-11 on the same PC, it should work in SFP-15. SF Pro 10 was different, but the 'record' UI in SFP 11 though 15 is the same. AFAIK, no bugs have been reported in SF-15 'record' routing. It is likely a setting somewhere that is amiss.
You can request a Magix tech support ticket though.

William-Eimers wrote on 8/15/2021, 11:57 AM

Rick, seems logical, but it's the same on both my PCs..I'll try tech support. Thank you...