Setup - Options I use do not recognize M-Audio Keystation 49es

Rand-K wrote on 8/20/2021, 2:32 PM

What I need? Settings required to use my M-Audio Keystation 49es

I just started trying to use the software this week and cannot get my midi keyboard to work. There is a special offer to upgrade this software to PRO but I cannot consider that if I am unable to use the current version.

I am using MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio 24.0.0.36 (DP3)

My computer is an

HP Desktop 550-339

Windows 10 Home.

processor AMD A10-8750 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G    3.60 GHz

12.0 GB (10.9 GB usable

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

My M-Audio Keystation 49es is connected to computer by USB.

have setup but it is not working.

NOTE that the M-Audio 49es - I just want to use the musical keyboard. It has some functions but I don't want to use them. Just want to use the keyboard to take the notes I press.

Here is the picture of the setup. I usually use headphones and that setting allows me to hear on headphones ... when I use the sample song file provided.

Just to be clear. It shows the keystation but when I try to play, there is no indication of sound and I don't have any sound.

Please note that there is no online manual for this keyboard that I can find. The closest I can come to it is not the same model (mine is older).

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/20/2021, 4:59 PM

@Rand-K You need to select an ASIO driver to get sound from playing an virtual instrument with your keyboard. In Samplitude Music Studio is the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver included (of course you can install other ASIO drivers of your choice, for example ASIO4All or FL Studio ASIO). You have selected MME which will not work.

Then you need to click on settings and activate your headphones if they don't work after switching to Magix Low Latency. Then you need to select the Mixer FX Hybrid Engine Monitoring mode in the advanced program settings (the advanced button is in the bottom left corner of your screenshot) and activate monitoring on your tracks..

Here is a current thread were I described the steps with pictures. Another user had a similar problem.

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/cant-seem-to-figure-out-how-to-get-started-with-this-program--1280840/

Rand-K wrote on 8/20/2021, 7:18 PM

Thank you. It works!

Rand-K wrote on 8/22/2021, 12:40 PM

I was truly surprised to get a reply as quickly as I did. And the fact that it worked is very much appreciated. When I contact other companies, I sometimes do not hear back. It is nice to have somebody at the other end who helps. Thank you indeed!. Now I need to decide if I want to go to PRO. That will be difficult to decide in just a few days.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/22/2021, 1:17 PM

I was truly surprised to get a reply as quickly as I did. And the fact that it worked is very much appreciated. When I contact other companies, I sometimes do not hear back. It is nice to have somebody at the other end who helps.

That's because we are not the company we are just users of the products.

Rand-K wrote on 8/24/2021, 8:42 PM

I was wondering about the FL ASIO as the article spoke to the fact that SAMPLITUDE wanted exclusive access to sound - I want to be able to play a tutorial as I work with SAMPLITUDE..

I downloaded FL.

. I selected it in SAMPLITUDE.

But no sound.

emmrecs wrote on 8/25/2021, 3:28 AM

@Rand-K

Almost the only limitation of the ASIO driver model (from whichever manufacturer it comes) is that you can access only ONE "sound source" at a time. So, you cannot play a tutorial as I work with SAMPLITUDE, sorry!

The free ASIO4All driver, because it is, essentially, a hybrid of ASIO and WDM, can allow two sound sources to be accessed simultaneously, but it is not guaranteed to work.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 3:48 AM

@emmrecs @Rand-K Usually it should work fine with FL Studio ASIO and multiple sound sources. It works for me. What happens if you select another output than your headphones?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:02 AM

In my version of Samplitude Music Studio, with the FLStudio ASIO driver version 1.03, the output and input is set to default (which is the same as the laptop).