setting up focusrite scarlett slo and samplitude pro8

David-RUSSELL wrote on 2/10/2024, 6:07 PM

Hi I use focusrite Scarlett solo gen 3 interface and I am trying to get it working with Samplitude pro 8. It appears to record and show an output on the mixer . I cannot get it to make any sound from the computer or the line outputs from the focusrite. I do get a direct output from the focusrite as I play but this does not seem to be the monitored processed sound from the software.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/10/2024, 6:45 PM

@David-RUSSELL Ok, so you need to select the Focusrite ASIO driver in the Samplitude settings under the Audio option. Make also sure to set the Monitoring Mode slider below the driver selection to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine.

Connect your speakers or headphones to the Focusrite interface.

David-RUSSELL wrote on 2/10/2024, 7:01 PM

Thankyou . I have already done all this but doesn’t seem to make any difference

SP. wrote on 2/10/2024, 7:04 PM

@David-RUSSELL Is the track set to record in the track header? Is the Monitoring icon (speaker icon) enabled?

David-RUSSELL wrote on 2/11/2024, 6:24 AM

yes all as should be , still no sound

SP. wrote on 2/11/2024, 1:05 PM

@David-RUSSELL Is Direct Monitoring disabled on your interface?

David-RUSSELL wrote on 2/11/2024, 2:35 PM

Yes there is a fairly simple push switch on the front so I have tried it in both modes . All very perplexing

David-RUSSELL wrote on 2/11/2024, 3:56 PM

All is now working . Thankyou for your advice in the replies . It is good that you confirmed that my fault diagnosing process was the appropriate one . In the end it turned out to be the way the Focusrite was interacting with the pc rather than a fault in the software. It didn’t seem to react properly when I set as the output device in the windows settings , sometimes producing an out put but not with all programs. I solved it by connecting to a different usb port on the pc and this cleared the problem. Well so far anyway. Thanks again