Set-up problem getting signal from external source to be recognised

Ricadonna wrote on 6/24/2021, 11:57 AM

I have installed Samplitude (64 bit) (2021) on a 64 bit PC running Windows 10. The soundcard is a Realtek HD Audio. I have a microphone, Roland synth and guitar plugged into a 10 channel analog mixer, outputting to the line-in socket at the rear of the PC. In the audio set-up routine on Samplitude the soundcard is recognised and I have selected the ASIO Magix Low Latency 2016 Driver as advised but I am not getting a peep out of it.

I should add that I also run Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 17 Deluxe on the same PC and it can read the signal from the mixer fine (maybe a little weak). I don't know what driver it uses, but probably not the ASIO one, as there is some latency.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/24/2021, 12:43 PM

@Ricadonna Have you clicked on the "Control Panel" button inside the Audio Setup menu and activated your devices for the Magix Low Latency Driver?

Ricadonna wrote on 6/24/2021, 5:56 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have clicked on Audio Setup within Samplitude but there is no Control Panel button. I have selected Advanced Options and Magix Low Latency 2016 is the selected driver. The Audio Devices tab shows the Audio Recording as HD Audio Stereo Input 1 + HD Audio Stereo Input 2 (Magix Low Latency 2016 (in)) and similar for Playback. Should these be renamed?

SP. wrote on 6/25/2021, 3:43 AM

@Ricadonna I checked again and the button is called "Settings" in Music Studio.

Ricadonna wrote on 6/25/2021, 4:50 AM

Ah! Yes, found it, and I confirm that the device selected in the WDM Device list is Realtek HD Audio. The only other piece of info there is the ASIO buffer size, which is set at 512 Samples