Set duration of all photos at the same time

essdeeay wrote on 8/29/2015, 5:45 PM

I've pasted a bunch of photos into a track - is it possible to select a bunch of photos (or all) on the same track and apply a specific time setting to them?  Is it also possible to apply a transition effect to all of them at the same time?  Windows Movie Maker (although rubbish for most things) has a function "Fit to music" which automatically adjusts the duration of each picture to be equal, and also without affecting the duration of the transition effects which have been applied to them.  I would like to be able to do this in Movie Edit Pro.  Is it at all possible?

Many thanks,
Steve

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 8/29/2015, 6:53 PM

Steve,

Right click on any of the photos on the track and pick 'Change photo length...' to get a dialog to alter the length of the photo you selected or all of them on the track.

For the transitions you need to create the first one and then right click on the transition icon to get the menu for applying to all etc:

Not sure about your third question. No doubt someone else will have some suggestions.

Regards,

Carl

essdeeay wrote on 8/29/2015, 7:31 PM

Thanks for your answer Carl.  What seems to happen with the "Change phot length" option is that the photos stay where they are and a default transition affect is added to them because they now overlap.  Is there a way to get them to bump each other along so they expand along the timeline?

asoeli wrote on 8/30/2015, 3:58 AM

Assuming you have all the photos on track 1, I like to change the ph.length in Storyboard. Mark the photos to be changed, right-click the duration (under the photo name) and set the duration you want (Carl's picture), and click OK (NOT Apply to all). Now you get a new dialog, Change all selected, and the job is done. But I have not found any way to set transitions on only some of the photos. This refers to MEP 2014

Regards

Andreas

terrypin wrote on 8/30/2015, 10:06 AM

Hi Steve,

From the tests I've just done (in MEP 2104 Premium) it seems that MEP gets it right when it's physically possible.

For example, with 5 objects of varying lengths between 4 s and 8 s and 3 types of  transition of 1 to 2 s duration, changing all lengths to 7 s worked OK. Types and durations of transitions were preserved.

But it's not hard to think of situations where it would not work. Shortening objects considerably could make it impossible to retain their transition durations.

Last changed by terrypin on 8/30/2015, 10:06 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

browj2 wrote on 8/30/2015, 11:27 AM

Hi Steve,

You can use Slideshow Maker, under Edit, Wizards to add music, have the photo lengths adjust to the music, and modify the transition length (click on the Transitions button and adjust the length). If there is music on track 5, it will be used. If the music does not have a recognizable beat, then the program will ask if you want to open the Beat Recognition Assistant. Read up on the 2 topics, Slideshow Maker and Musical Cut Adjustment in the manual.

Unless you want to use your music, which you can do by putting it on track 5 or selecting it in the Wizard, do not put anything on track 5. MEP always uses this track for adding sound, either music or effects, or audio mixdown.

If you have video clips with sound included, you may want to turn the sound off or reduce it, or do some ducking on the music.

You can apply the Wizard to the entire movie, or just a selected range. I have used Slideshow Maker for various parts in the middle of a long video, where I wanted some effects and music on a series of photos.

Here is a screen shot of a quick slideshow maker result that included 2 short video clips. The images were imported as 6 s long (under program settings), and I set Transitions to 2 s and crossfades only, frequent (100%).

Last changed by browj2 on 8/30/2015, 11:27 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

terrypin wrote on 9/8/2015, 2:44 AM

Any feedback?

Last changed by terrypin on 9/8/2015, 2:44 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

Jayessarr wrote on 1/9/2019, 5:23 AM

I know this thread is 3+years old, but I'd like to show my appreciation for all the contributors - I wanted to find out how to make a timelapse video from a sequence of photos, and set them all to 1 frame duration. This thread showed me how to do it, so - thanks guys!

Jon