session crash and now i can’t open file please help me

Former user wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:03 AM

hi everybody… i got magix music maker on steam and during a session it crashed and now i cannot open the file.

i put my heart and soul into this project and i would be absolutely devastated if there is no fix. the mmm file has opened everytime until after this crash. when the crash happened everything just froze. i had to ctrl alt delete to end the task and restart. ever since i cannot load my project.

i tried restarting my computer and everything.

please if someone can help me. i am not good at computers and i am really upset. this song my took me forever. i don’t know what to do… :(

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:20 AM

@Former user Usually Music Maker saves a backup MM_ .file every ten minutes if you haven't changed the standard settings. They should be in the same folder you saved your project file and can be loaded with File Menu > Backup > Load backup project

Former user wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:52 AM

@Former user Usually Music Maker saves a backup MM_ .file every ten minutes if you haven't changed the standard settings. They should be in the same folder you saved your project file and can be loaded with File Menu > Backup > Load backup project

thanks a million SP. i was freaking out big time. i always wondered what those files were i just couldn’t find them in the program until i clicked “view all files” i lost a little bit of stuff i did but it’s not the end of the world i’m so happy i didn’t lose the whole thing. thanks so much

SP. wrote on 7/27/2021, 6:21 AM

@Former user Just another tip: always save with "Save as..." and give your save a number like save1, save2, save3 etc. Then you can go back in case something happens or gets lost. You can also create full backups of your projects via the Backup menu.

You know, there are two types of people. Those who do backups and those who will do backups. 😉

3DSownz wrote on 2/4/2022, 5:48 PM

I'm a long time user of Music Maker, short time member on here.
But...
I back up constantly creating my own backups with a numeric system myself.
and just recently I encountered this same issue, although it also won't open any of the backup of a particular one file I'm trying to open.
Spent about a week editing.
and it's only this arrangement the program works great for everything else.

Premium 2104