Comments

SP. wrote on 8/12/2021, 8:09 PM

@Michael-Johnson7286 No spaces, just this format: P3-01234-56789-01234-56789-01234-56789

The best way is to just copy and paste the number from your customer account.

DevilDuck wrote on 8/15/2021, 2:18 PM

Apologies if this is a thread highjack my intention is to cut duplicates and clutter from the board.

I have a similar problem. Well, the exception being greed and shady sales tactics are the culprit, in which case it's a feature and not a bug.

I purchased a PERMENANT license to Magix Music Maker.

I reinstalled after a dry spell of several months of not using it and understandably it immediately prompted me to update to version 2021 with no notifications or warnings of incompatibility with my serial/license. So of course I want the updated security patches and bug fixes (and maybe a new feature or two) that are part of any legitimate software lifecycle to find out it will not accept my serial and insists I'm on the "free" version, which I definitely am a paid customer.

SP. wrote on 8/15/2021, 2:53 PM

@DevilDuck Usually you can solve this problem by going into the program settings and clicking on the button to clean up the store.

Be aware that you'll not get the new features of 2021 if you just installed the free update from version 2020. Your old features should work fine (for example using more than 8 track, export options, your Vita Instruments and Soundpools, your Music Maker plugins etc.) but new features like the new Song Maker and the VST bridge are paid addons and not included in the free update. So you cannot use any 32 bit plugins without the bridge and you cannot use the new Song Maker.

But you can reinstall your old version in a different directory and use it side by side with version 2021.

browj2 wrote on 8/15/2021, 8:02 PM

@DevilDuck

For about the hundredth time, Music Maker is free - yes FREE! There is only one program for everyone and, again, it's FREE! You did not purchase a license for the Music Maker program.

To activate previously purchased Editions, like Plus or Premium in a new Version of Music Maker, like MMM2022, just make sure to log in (assuming that you have previously activated your Edition), wait, stuff will be installed or added, and then you will have a load of things to download and install under the Downloads tab.

As @SP. has indicated, your previous Editions do not give you any of the New features. If you want them, you have to purchase them or Plus/Premium 2022. See the Comparison chart on Magix.com.

There is a difference between a Version (Free) and an Edition (paid for - see the list of what you get with your particular Edition), but the program is free.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos