Serial Number Invalid

Jeff-Carlson wrote on 3/1/2021, 4:01 PM

I have a brand new Sony turntable and Sound Forge Audio Studio LE. It is several years old but I have never taken the time to try to make it work so I can digitize my vinyl. Now, I have to register it to activate it. The website tells me that my serial number is invalid. I have tried everything, I have spent hours on this. What do I do? I just want to make it work. I need an activation code, right?

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/1/2021, 4:25 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Jeff-Carlson.

Which version of SF Audio Studio? Was it registered previously? If so, you need to use the same email that was used when it was initially registered with Sony.

Otherwise, contact Magix Customer Service Support or email them at: infoservice@magix.net
btw, this a users forum, and no one here is a Magix employee including the moderators.

Jeff-Carlson wrote on 3/1/2021, 4:34 PM

Thanks for the reply, It says on the CD "Sound Forge Audio Studio 9 LE", I have tried to make it work in the past but I don't believe I ever registered it. I had a PC and I believe this is a PC "only" version, I usually use a Mac so I just got a PC out of the attic and I'm trying to make it work. I'll try contacting Customer Service Support, I think I was there but it said to post something first.

Jeff-Carlson wrote on 3/1/2021, 5:16 PM

OMG, I think I made it work! Thanks for the reply!

rraud wrote on 3/2/2021, 10:45 AM

I think I made it work! Thanks for the reply!

You are welcome Jeff.
FWIW, there was never a Mac version of 'Sony' Sound Forge AFAIK, there is now though: SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3.