Comments

rraud wrote on 4/23/2021, 10:59 AM

Win 10 updates often cause the need to reactivate Sound Forge but I not know exactly why. Sound Forge 10 (Pro and AS) has a more serious issue with (some) Win 10 updates that require a registry tweak or administrative privileges. See 'Elevated Privilege' comments
In any case, the SCS (Sony) info was ported over the Magix when the acquisition was complete, so SCS versions can still be re-activated... providing the user has the serial code and the email address that was used when the product was originally registered.

.. I was not aware there even was an 'Audio Studio' version of Sound Forge 7. There was a LE version of SF-9, but AFAIK, the (low cost version) 'Audio Studio' name was first used in SF-10..

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Robert-Sanchez.

chris-c2057 wrote on 5/8/2021, 4:30 PM

I also have Sound Forge 7.0 that will not activate.

I have the original packaging.

Is there help out there?

emmrecs wrote on 5/9/2021, 3:48 AM

@chris-c2057

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Have you done as @rraud advised in his post directly above yours?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 5/9/2021, 8:56 AM

I do not recall any reports of the 'Elevated Privilege' issue with Sound Forge-7.
Please be more specific why you cannot activate @chris-c2057. Do you get error messages or other clues? Did you activate using email address that was used when it was initially registered with SCS (Sony)? Otherwise try reinstalling the final build of SF-7 (downloaded from the Magix Service Center > My Products.

Edward-Rousseau wrote on 6/11/2023, 3:23 PM

I have S/F 7.0 on my XP Pro OS working fine but Magix doesn't have it listed in my products. I enter the S/N and Magix says my S/N already exists. I know! My XP won't last forever and I want the ability to download another copy if needed. I also have S/F Pro 16 and a bunch of newer and older programs. The product list even has my S/F 5.0 but no download tab. Any info is much appreciated.

rraud wrote on 6/11/2023, 5:23 PM

You can download SF-7 from the SCS (Sony) archives:
http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/current/soundforge70b.exe

If you cannot find SF-7 in 'My Products', maybe you used a different email address when you registered SF-7, which would be different log-in password as well. If that email address account is still active, you can reset the password. If you have a valid SF-7 serial, you should be able to activate it once installed. though I am not sure about Win 11.
In any case, all customer customer info was ported to Magix with the acquisition from SCS in 2016-17.

Edward-Rousseau wrote on 6/12/2023, 12:06 PM

That explains A LOT. The Sony people had me download SF 7.0 and helped me online to register it (computer crapped out). I still have the e mails from them at the old e mail address. I believe that address is still available but here's the weird part; the other old S/Ns on the Magix site were also purchased from the factory with the old e mail address. Regardless, the information you sent is exactly what I hoped for Thank you rraud. Best regards Ed

Edward-Rousseau wrote on 6/13/2023, 10:35 AM

As a follow on to my SF 7.0 search, After going to Sony's site I was directed back to Magix where I found the 'Download Center' which holds the EXE for SF 7.0 and installed it on my Win 10. Oddly, the site authorized the Pgm but doesn't list it with my known equipment. Thanks again to rraud for getting me pointed in the right direction. Alls well.