Serial Number

JOSEPH-VANSICKLE wrote on 3/11/2023, 10:11 AM

This hasn't been an easy process, I've had to go all over just to get to this forum to contact Soundforge and don't know if it's the correct one. I recently bought a new computer and installed Soundforge and upon registering I received a message "This Serial Number Has Already Been Registered To Another Email Address. Please Contact Magix Support. Error Code -24" I need to know why this is appearing as the information is correct on my login? Thank you

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/11/2023, 10:29 AM

@JOSEPH-VANSICKLE It helps sometimes if you go into your customer account at Magix.com and deactivate the old installation.

rraud wrote on 3/11/2023, 12:31 PM

If you previously had your current version Sound Forge on another PC, it is already registered and you must used the same email address that was used on the other PC, The email address you used to register your product (SF), could be different than the email address you use to login to the Magix forums.
If you still have one of the PCs, you can find which email address you used in the SF "Help> About" menu. If that is not possible, email Magix customer service with your activation serial and purchase info: infoservice@magix.net
If your current version Sound Forge is activated on two (2) PCs already, you must deactivate it on one to reactivate on the new PC. If you have the subscription version (Sound Forge 365), that can only be activated on one (1) PC at a time.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @JOSEPH-VANSICKLE .