Scam Emails from ads@magix.com.pl

edepot wrote on 9/7/2024, 11:36 AM

First Stage: I received emails from a throwaway email address ( skarletkah@azet.sk ) that claim they are representing Magix Music Maker and want to work with me to promote their product. Body of email below.

Second Stage: After I replied inquiring what it is about. They send a second email with the following. Note that it is sent from ads@magix.com.pl

So basically, the second stage email they are adding Poland country domain to pretend to be Magix. The scam most likely happens on the third stage, which I did not continue to investigate. I suggest someone look into the body of the second stage where they are sending something encrypted (password: magix)via rebrand.ly

xxxxxx START STAGE 1 SCAM EMAIL xxxxxx

Hi, dear Social influencer! I'm the representative of Maker.  

We would like to promote our MusicMaker2025 on your YouTube channel.  

What is MAGIX? Is the easiest way to create music on a computer. You
simply build your songs by combining loops and layering sounds on top of
each other. It’s as simple and fun as playing with building blocks, and
you can achieve amazing results instantly. With MUSIC MAKER PREMIUM, you
get infinite tracks and a massive variety of tools and effects, so your
only limit is your imagination  

Why do people choose us? Benefits that go beyond creating digital
artwork. Thanks to us, you no longer have to worry about where to get
the components for your artwork. MusicMaker2025 has all these components
in one place, easy to use and suitable even for beginner musicians  

Are you interested in working with our company? We are waiting for your
reply to discuss all the details and deadlines.  

We cannot wait to hear from you so we can get to work.  

Copyright © 2024 MAGIX Corporation. All rights reserved

xxxxxx END STAGE 1 SCAM EMAIL xxxxxx

xxxxxx START STAGE 2 SCAM EMAIL xxxxxx

Hello, my name is Patricia and I am the manager of MAGIX 

The MAGIX team welcomes you. We are glad that you are interested in collaborating with MAGIX. You are doing a great job and we are sure we can help each other. Let's find out more about the collaboration

The promoted product we are proposing to integrate into your YouTube channel is MusicMaker2025 Premium

To learn more about the promoted product, I invite you to check out its features and functions: https://www.magix.com/int/music/music-maker/premium/

We are interested in integrating a 30-second commercial into the next video on your YouTube channel. I am interested in integrating our commercial into your video in September. We need 3 commercials on your channel during the month of September

MUSIC MAKER PREMIUM is the easiest way to create music on your computer. Just create your songs by combining loops and overlaying sounds. It's as easy and fun as playing with building blocks, and you can get amazing results instantly. In MUSIC MAKER PREMIUM you have an infinite number of tracks and a huge number of instruments and effects, so the only thing that limits you is your imagination.

Tunes for epic club nights Create your own club tracks effortlessly by combining loops, recording vocals and experimenting with virtual instruments. From deep bass lines to soaring synths and stunning effects, you'll easily create your signature sound that will get the dance floor moving all night long

1. The cost of 30-second integration ranges from $750 to $5700 (price depends on channel stats), if you estimate the cost of advertising to be more than $5700, please send us your quote for consideration, we will negotiate. The method of receiving funds for advertising integration is specified in the advertising agreement.

2. Distribution of the agreement to third parties is strictly prohibited.

3. Place the MAGIX trailer at the beginning or in the middle of the advertisement (more detailed conditions are specified in the advertising agreement).

4. After signing the agreement we will transfer 35% of the agreed amount to your payment details/e-wallet (more details in the advertising agreement).

You can familiarize yourself with the options of advertising placement, as well as with the advertising agreement at the following link:

MediaKit: https://rebrand.ly/MagixBrand

Password: magix

For correct work with the archive you need Windows OS with WinRar archiver installed. After that everything will work

If you are a Macbook user, there is an archive downloaded for you, which functions in the Macbook system.

MediaKit: https://rebrand.ly/PromoMagixMAC

Password: magix

After studying the advertising material, you need to familiarize yourself with the MAGIX advertising contract. In the contract you need to fill in the fields (3, 4.3, 9, 10.2, 12), in the last paragraph of the contract you need to put your electronic signature. After filling out the form, you must send me a signed copy of the advertising contract for approval. After agreement and signing by both parties, I will provide you with an approved copy of the advertising agreement and give your details to the accounting department to receive an advance payment in the amount of 35% of the agreed amount to your payment details specified by you in the advertising agreement

If you have any further questions, I am waiting for your message.

Best regards, MAGIX studio.

Copyright 2024 MAGIX. All rights reserved

xxxxxx END STAGE 2 SCAM EMAIL xxxxxx

Comments

0 Comments